Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Droid Parts

Droid Parts

So as I look at the line up for the first few waves of the Legacy Collection, I can't help but see some figures that I consider an easy pass and I know I'm not the only one. However, the trouble is that I'd like to be able to get the droid parts from those figures and I'm sure I'm not alone there either. Are you going to buy the figures anyway to complete the droids? Wait until the parts show up on eBay for the cost of a whole figure? Or is there a better option?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I know I'll be getting all of the figures, so I'll get the droid parts by default.

I will have extras for trade/sale. (So anyone interested look for those trade/sale threads when the time comes. (don't ask me now as I'm not sure how many extras of which pieces I'll have.
    Move along, move along

I guess I'm most currious about the repaint wave. I think I'm going to pass on almost the entire wave and yet, without resorting to eBay I think I have to miss out on the droid too. Anyone else in the same boat?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I think the Greatest Hits figures will also have the droid parts, so if there are any of those you want, that might help to fill in some of the gaps. When I saw the figures yesterday, I'm pretty sure they had the parts, and the figures were Gree and EVO trooper. If you are into army building, picking up an extra trooper to get a part would be worth it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    I guess I'm most currious about the repaint wave. I think I'm going to pass on almost the entire wave and yet, without resorting to eBay I think I have to miss out on the droid too. Anyone else in the same boat?
    Yup, same for me - I'm not bothered about any of the repaints so will probably pass on all of them.... but I'm pretty sure they come with the silver RA-7, the only BAD droid I really want.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

The repaint wave is troopers and new characters, with the exception of Yaddle & Even Piell, and a holograph of Dooku. If you are an army builder, buying the troops won't be an issue. If you skipped the Jedi Council scenes, then you might be interested in Yaddle & Even Piell. Jodo Kast has been a requested EU figure, so that should be an interesting Boba Fett repaint.

BD 17: Coruscant Clone Trooper
    BD 18: Jodo Kast (Star Wars: Twin Engines of Destruction)
    BD 19: Yaddle & Even Piell
    BD 20: Saleucami Clone Trooper
    BD 21: Count Dooku (Hologram)
    BD 22: Imperial Engineer (Star Wars: Battlefront II)
    BAD: 5D6-RA-7 ("Death Star Droid")

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post

BD 17: Coruscant Clone Trooper
    BD 18: Jodo Kast (Star Wars: Twin Engines of Destruction)
    BD 19: Yaddle & Even Piell
    BD 20: Saleucami Clone Trooper
    BD 21: Count Dooku (Hologram)
    BD 22: Imperial Engineer (Star Wars: Battlefront II)
    BAD: 5D6-RA-7 ("Death Star Droid")
    Well I just bought up all the Saleucami clones I wanted in the last wave of TAC Legends, I've already got Yaddle and Even from the Temple sets, I'm not a fan of the Holo figs, and I've got a few Coruscant clones too. That leaves two figures from this wave and a lot of droid parts to get through the legends line or on eBay. And it is perhaps the most desirable build a droid announced so far.

Really pleased to see the silver RA-7 comes with the ROTS wave, not the repaints!
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

I'm definitely in the same boat here. I'm not buying any animated figures and not any clones of any type from the Legacy collection. I don't know what I'm going to do. Luckily, I think over half of these BAD's are ugly. I'm a little frustrated that the BAD (yellow one) that came with Legacy wave 1 fits in this category. I'd since I got the entire wave, I wish it was one of the better ones... oh well, I like the blueish one.
    Ex-wife to me in the toy aisle: "Why do I sense we've picked up another plastic lifeform?"

Thanks to sebillba for the trade!

not sure what I'll do with the extra parts yet. have a few already with the parts that came with the Heavy Gunner Clone and Scuba Trooper. I'm thinking of making a droid scrap-yard scene with various parts and junk throughout and maybe customizing some of the parts to look like droids that were either blasted apart (like R2 from the BAD sets) or rusted out.

I am so loving the idea of the build a droids. can't wait to get the rest of the parts and figures. i think this might be one of the best ideas Hasbro has had as far as pack-ins.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks