Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Last 17 - Which would have been the pegwarmer?

Question is in the title.
    If they had been common figures, released when Star Wars figures were selling as well as they had done, which would have been the pegwarmers?
    I think some of the Ewoks due to the number of different ones released, and possibly the Luke Endor due to repetition of Luke figures in comparisan to others.

Thoughts?
    Superb Sellers, highly recommended = Karma, LMan, Son Gohan, Bosskmr, Julian

Thumbs down

Easy; Imperial Dignitary. Why?
    - No weapon
    - No gripping hands
    - Old man who never spoke, only walked and nodded
    - Weird paint job (purple with white face?)
    "That's what Sheev said."

I concur with Bel-Cam Jos, but I would add Anakin Skywalker for the same reasons.

Had the plug not been pulled, these guys would have been the Senator Palpatine and Chancellor Valorum of the POTF line.

I remember seeing the POTF pegwarmers at TRU in 1986. Imperial Dignitary and Barada were the only ones I saw in huge quantities along with the reissued Paploo and Lumat . I think if a second wave of figures was released then we would have seen Warok, Romba and Anakin as major pegwarmers also.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

it would be anakin! DOWN WITH THE LOSER!!
    Master Obi-Wan has lost a planet, how embarassing. - the great yoda

Yeah, Anakin was offered not once but twice as a mail-in figure. So I think anyone who wanted him already had him by the time the POTF cards showed up. But then again, that's probably why he was only sold in Australia.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I'd have to go with Imperial Dignitary as well. He was such a potential pegwarmer back then, they refuse to make a new one today!

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    I'd have to go with Imperial Dignitary as well. He was such a potential pegwarmer back then, they refuse to make a new one today!
    But how could kids resist an old man, in make-up, wearing purple and hot pink robes??

Originally posted by bigbarada

But how could kids resist an old man, in make-up, wearing purple and hot pink robes??

I didn't realize that they ever made a Liberace figure.

This discussion of the Anakin mail-in figure raises a few questions.

At the age of 5 or 6, I was too young of a "collector" to remember the pegwarmers of ROTJ . . . so what can you tell me about the peg lives of characters such as Admiral Ackbar, Nien Numb, and 4-LOM ?

I remember getting all of those figures through the mail-in promotions. Were they released in large numbers on card too? Did they sit awhile, or did fewer people than I assume use the proofs of purchase?

Thanks !