Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

New stuff at Comic-Con

Though I don't want to give support to any otheR Sites, well, this one doesn't have Comic-Con stuff up yet but I'm quite giddy about what's been shown so far. Let's see . . .

*Quinlan Vos and Kashyyyk Trooper comic pack - Sweet, this is a better Quinlan. I like the look of the trooper, too.
    *Luke comic pack - Is that Clone Emperor in there? Dunno, but it looks well done.
    *Repaint wave - LOVE the holo softgoods on Dooku, I can't believe it's taken them this long but they finally figured it out. Dunno why he still has the hilt painted. Yaddle looks a little different but I still don't think they should have put her and Even in the BD series. The Engineer looks to be a straight repack; everyone else is sweet.
    *ROTS wave - Grievous is fantastic!!! The others in the wave are superb too, but I have wanted a Grievous like this since 2005.
    *The Clone Wars figures - I love how Asajj and Dooku have holograms of each other, and Plo's double-saber wrist thing is awesome. This line has really grown on me.
    *TRU ARC-170 - pretty cool with the wampa on it, but I don't want too many more of these ships.
    *B-wing - awesome, but the pilot looks like Jeff Daniels.
    *STAP set with Anakin - I figured this was coming, but I wanted it since I saw the preview over a year ago at CIV.
    *Endor set - Freakin' sweet!! Now we have an SA Imperial Officer. The R2-D2 with the open panels looks nice, but hopefully it'll line up better on the actual figure . . . don't know why they couldn't sculpt it on him, but it's nice to have it. I can't tell if Han's head is new.
    *Millennium Falcon passengers - nice, but I already have everything here so I will skip it.
    *Sarlacc - as I said in the other thread, this rules!!! That is just too damn awesome.
    *Disturbance at Lars Homestead - fantastic! I love the creature (what is that?) and the base, which I was not expecting.
    *Legends of the Force - what a waste, Kmart always has the worst crap for exclusives.

I really was not expecting this much awesomeness after July 26, but thankfully the year is packed with it!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I'm glad we finally got some close up shots of the A-Wing Pilot. Looks good, not 100% accurate, but at least they got the helmet right and the headsculpt looks like a huge improvement over the Tycho figure.

I'm liking the looks of the new B-Wing Pilot except for the color, why not red?

Outside of that, there's really not much I'm excited about here. The Sarlacc Pit looks okay, but not a single new Skiff Guard in the set. Pass.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post

*Disturbance at Lars Homestead - fantastic! I love the creature (what is that?) and the base, which I was not expecting.

Could it be a Wamprat?
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

The Bunker Damage R2-D2 is cool. Nice to see them finally make one.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

*Quinlan Vos and Kashyyyk Trooper comic pack - I'm happy to be getting Vos in Jedi robes, but I hate that he still has a blaster. Faie is one of my most wanted figures . . . in his concept art look, not Scout armor. I might get this and just make Faie part of Gree's group and keep the Commander Faie single carded figure as Faie.

*Repaint wave - Jodo Kast!

*TRU ARC-170 - As you said, the wampa is cool, but it's not distinctive enough for me to worry about.

Clone Wars gunship with Twi'ilek - Looks cool, but it has the lack of distinctiveness problem too. I may or may not get it.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Disturbance at Lars Homestead - fantastic! I love the creature (what is that?) and the base, which I was not expecting.
    Yeah, I think Blue2th may be correct. Wamprat sounds like a good guess, and that's very cool if that's what it is.

At first I was really excited about this set, and I still am I suppose, but the price doesn't exactly thrill me. I'd say we're looking at $15 worth of figures, and maybe $20 worth of "homestead" at best. As cool as the Wamprat is, I'm not calling it a $15 figure.

But again, I suppose we'll see how it goes when the thing comes out.

I'm damn impressed by some of the comic packs, And Jodo KAst has surprised me, he might be making my list after all, as with greivous.

Plo Koon and Asoka too from clone wars i'm thinking

*watches his money disappear*

Damn, I need a real job...anyone hiring a 3D modeler/Animator >>
    ~Umbra: Light is only a shadow cast by the darkness of the stars

And I thought this year would be slow.........
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

I'm more into the titaniums - an MTT? Landing craft? TIE Defender? They have some cool stuff lined up...

The battle packs are leaving me cold - except the bunker set, but I only want 2 figures out of that set....(R2 and the Imperial officer)

The Sarlacc and Homestead packs are cool - but I only want the playset parts - so they will be passes for me as well.
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

well I cant get their website to come up. I can access their forums but the pics from comic con wont show. Think somebody got shut down?

Jason