Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Clone Gear pack-ins

I saw several of the legacy figures (mainly the Saga Legends, I think) that had a "Clone Gear" note, with a little thin white box inside. Well, I never bought a Super Battle Droid, and I needed one more figure to reach the $30 mark to get that "free" Holo Grievous. Opened that puppy up, and lo and behold, inside the box are about 4-5 guns/rifles. Cool.

Only way you'd notice is to open them up. So, if you need/want extra stuff, here's a way (like the old '80s Survival Kit mail-away). Especially if you have kids who lose their toys.

My question is, if others have opened theirs, did you find anything different than guns inside?
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Just the guns. I got a couple of Super Battle Droids, since they don't have holes in their chests.
    "I Don't Know. Anakin Doesn't Talk To Me Anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by joe-da View Post
    Just the guns. I got a couple of Super Battle Droids, since they don't have holes in their chests.
    No holes huh? I might just have to get a couple of those myself. And those extra guns won't go to waste either.
    Move along, move along

I didn't buy any of the Greatest Hits figures... yet anyway. Thought about getting another EVO Trooper and maybe the Battle Damaged Vader, but I ultimately put them back.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    I didn't buy any of the Greatest Hits figures... yet anyway. Thought about getting another EVO Trooper and maybe the Battle Damaged Vader, but I ultimately put them back.
    Those come with extra droid parts; the clone guns come with the Saga Legends figures.

I got the guns with my SBD, whose right leg is extremely wobbly.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Those come with extra droid parts; the clone guns come with the Saga Legends figures.
    Mother Clarice's chickens! Four basic figure lines?! No way retailers are gonna be able to distinguish between four lines.

The WM I went to for MM had all the figure pegs labeled "SW Legend" and when an employee scanned them it said they were "on order." Fortunately they knew they had a ton of stuff in the back because they tried to stock it before and had to put it all back due to the street date on the boxes.

I only saw Legacy, Clone Wars, and Greatest Hits at that WM, so the Legends may not have come in yet.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Here's how I think these rank on my list (LISTS... :drool: ) of Hasbro's pack-ins since '95:

TOP TEN ACTION FIGURE PACK-INS:
    10. figure stands (only made the list because I could only remember 10)
    9. Battle Droids (if you could find those intnt'l 2-packs)
    8. red/blue gummi SW characters
    7. EU fold-out scenes (could be better if I'd ever opened one up)
    6. Jedi Force Files
    5. COMMtech chips (terrible voices, but some laughs ensued)
    4. Clone gear
    3. 30th Anniv. coins
    2. Freeze Frames (I know few others liked these)
    1. Droid factory
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

The clone gear, which weapons are in those packs? The packs are apparently all the same weapons, and I bugged Hasbro about changing those weapons in the future - they liked the idea, but made it sound like we'd have to wait a YEAR to do it! A year?!? C'mon!

No holes in the SBD means I'll be buying one, darn it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

[FONT=Courier New]
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The clone gear, which weapons are in those packs? The packs are apparently all the same weapons, and I bugged Hasbro about changing those weapons in the future - they liked the idea, but made it sound like we'd have to wait a YEAR to do it! A year?!? C'mon![/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]No holes in the SBD means I'll be buying one, darn it.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Here's a link so you can see what comes in the Clone Gear locker: [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=495&ST=SO&ID=22343&PG=10[/FONT]

Wow, thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that before. The EMP launcher from Battlefront 2 pack, not bad. The rest makes sense except for that skinny POS that came with the ROTS deluxe Clone Jetpack Trooper.

I saw the SBD today, they painted him poorly and filled in the chest holes sloppily, so I'll wait until I have nothing else to buy, then pick it up.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.