Talking CW Loose collectors (spoilers for those who don't open figures)

There's another thread like this in the Legacy section, BTW. For those of you who keep your toys locked up as if they've committed a crime instead of letting them move their arms and legs, grip their weapons and accessories, twist off their heads. Anyway, here's a place to share what these pieces of plastic pose for the public.

- R2-D2 (this is the best R2 IMHO ever made... those "hidden" gadgets [a torso arm and computer link, sensor scope, leg jet flames, cord for dragging hook] are great)
    - Obi-Wan Kenobi (with the "firing" backpack... mine doesn't fire just moves up a fraction , but the replace-his-head-with-the-clone-helmet's easy to do and makes him look cool)

Others?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post

- R2-D2 (this is the best R2 IMHO ever made... those "hidden" gadgets [a torso arm and computer link, sensor scope, leg jet flames, cord for dragging hook] are great)
    - Obi-Wan Kenobi (with the "firing" backpack... mine doesn't fire just moves up a fraction , but the replace-his-head-with-the-clone-helmet's easy to do and makes him look cool)

Others?
    I have opened all of mine. Beyond the two you have mentioned, I also have:

Commander Fox -- pretty standard body design, but the sleekness of the guns and holsters, plus the excellent tampo application on his chest make this one of my favorites (Obi-Wan has the same emblem on the shoulder of his armor.)

Clone Trooper -- Just a great, lean clone with tons of articulation and character. I like these so much I might sell all my "realistic clones" and load up on these dudes. I even love the rocket launcher.

Anakin Skywalker -- Very cool interpretation of the character; I like the costume and body design. His action feature wrist launcher is a little obtrusive for me.

Battle Droid -- Best version of this blaster fodder I've owned yet; once again, I'm thinking of getting rid of what I have and replacing them with these guys.

General Grievous -- Outstanding in every way -- four sabers (all of which have really, really cool hilts), a droid blaster, extra arms and mean & nasty looking.

Yoda -- don't like it, no sir.

I think my favorite aspect of this line is the paint application -- I love the dull, flat textures and the suggestive shading that seems to give them a depth.

I thought I would pass on these completely, and now I can't get enough.

I only have the Obi-Wan. I love the helmet/head swap. Looks much cleaner than the stick a elmet over the head
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDubya
    Commander Fox -- pretty standard body design, but the sleekness of the guns and holsters, plus the excellent tampo application on his chest make this one of my favorites (Obi-Wan has the same emblem on the shoulder of his armor.)
    His logo is the Republic one as seen on the Chancellor's senate pod. Obi-Wan's is the Jedi one. For the record.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDubya View Post
    Clone Trooper -- Just a great, lean clone with tons of articulation and character. I like these so much I might sell all my "realistic clones" and load up on these dudes. I even love the rocket launcher.

Battle Droid -- Best version of this blaster fodder I've owned yet; once again, I'm thinking of getting rid of what I have and replacing them with these guys.
    Okay, if you're serious about this, let me know. I may take some of those off your hands for you depending on what you have. Especially EPI battle droids.
    Move along, move along

?

do the springs in your clone war figures work? my obi-wan and yoda's spring action don't work. i bought the army characters because i thought my son would enjoy the projectiles, but if they don't work, what's the point!?!

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    Okay, if you're serious about this, let me know. I may take some of those off your hands for you depending on what you have. Especially EPI battle droids.
    Will do Sal; I'll let you know.

I only bought Obi-Wan and R2. I really like the R2 figure, but I don't dig the sculpting - there's way too much missing or plain - and the deco could be a lot better. The gimmicks make this figure a lot of fun though.

Obi-Wan is super short, I hated that aspect right off the bat. I got a 1st day one and opened it, ain't I a stinker? The swappable helmet is tres cool, the head is a little quizzical which doesn't quite work for me. The lack of leg articulation is a bummer. As for the launcher, mine doesn't fire more than a half inch when it's attached to the figure, but free the backpack will fire the missile quite strongly.

Apparently, I have 2 Capt. Rex figures waiting for me at my mailbox place, but I get the feeling I'm going to remain selective with this line. The '09 wave they showed at Comic-Con though looked more promising, even the Padme looks cool.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    His logo is the Republic one as seen on the Chancellor's senate pod. Obi-Wan's is the Jedi one. For the record.
    Sir, you are correct. Thanks for the clarification.

Coolness! You know what the clones (well, at least Captain Rex and Wal*Mart 501st clones) have on the backs of their packs? That "OII" pattern that stormtroopers have. And Rex's kilt holsters are cool. Those guns with "wear" are better than the boring black ones, too.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega