Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Check out my Hasbro Star Wars panel writeup

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index....articleid=1577

I have been working on this for 5 days now, taking time wherever I could steal it. I had SO MUCH to cover, but I really wanted to do this article right, to cover those touches that other outlets wouldn't. It took a little extra time than usual because I had a ton of other stuff to do, and also because in the evenings in San Diego I couldn't work on it much since I had no internet access.

It's a little big because when I'm tired I get verbose, and the more I break up writing into small pieces, the more out of control it gets - both of which required me to keep it as much in check as possible. I even worked on this article at lunch with SirSteve on Saturday right up until our food arrived at the table. Hell, I even was working on it when the 5.8 earthquake rocked my apartment this morning at 11:42am. I held onto the monitor so it wouldn't fly off the desk, then picked the many toppled figures and collectibles off the floor so the cat wouldn't gnaw on 'em (just tossed the pieces wherever for now), and jumped back into the article.

I think you'll find it's full of surprises (and not in the way Luke boasted to Vader right before Vader kicked his butt ) and I added a few interesting notes from the show as well.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it, I still have my notes so LMK if you are curious about anything and want clarification.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Nice article JT.

Any mention on vehicles THEY would like to do? Anyone bug them about the Sailbarge among other highly desired ships?
    Move along, move along

Interesting read and good summation. Too bad about SDCC cancelling the Q&A session. Thanks to the SSG team for bringing us first looks at all the cool stuff coming out!

I saw that Hasbro extended the deadline on the Indiana Jones mail-aways through the end of the year, so that takes some pressure off to get all that product and send in the redemption forms.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

They didn't get into any speculative areas on anything (vehicles, figures, anything). I did actually bring up the Sail Barge in the Q&A I had with Hasbro but it wasn't a particularly positive response, as usual. However, since the regular Q&A we already sent in the question, this was more just a follow-up. But we did talk to them about doing a vehicles poll, so look for that soon.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Don't suppose you hit the Hasbro/Marvel panel also, did you JT?
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Don't suppose you hit the Hasbro/Marvel panel also, did you JT?
    'Fraid not, I had a miscommunication with Steve on that (this whole trip was a flurry) and thought he was covering it, when I found out he wasn't it was too late to get there as I was coming out of Hasbro SW and heading into something else. I covered Sideshow, Hasbro Star Wars, and Hasbro Transformers, but Hasbro Marvel was only a few minutes after Hasbro SW which IMO is insane.

Awesome write up JT. Thanks for the coerage you do.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Thanks, JT - nice read!
    Real men buy Willrow

You're welcome. I hope it was informative, there's a lot of little stuff in there that I don't think was going to get out there otherwise.

What parts of the panel did you guys like? I honestly still don't know what was said/shown exactly, I mean, I was there and I did write it up, and I went through all the slides (I actually have the slideshow file thanks to Team Hasbro Star Wars, very helpful), but I was so busy I didn't really take it all in as a fan, just as a reporter. I'm curious what folks liked, as I only got a few moments to enjoy what we were hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    You're welcome. I hope it was informative, there's a lot of little stuff in there that I don't think was going to get out there otherwise.

What parts of the panel did you guys like? I honestly still don't know what was said/shown exactly, I mean, I was there and I did write it up, and I went through all the slides (I actually have the slideshow file thanks to Team Hasbro Star Wars, very helpful), but I was so busy I didn't really take it all in as a fan, just as a reporter. I'm curious what folks liked, as I only got a few moments to enjoy what we were hearing.
    I knew about some of this before the convention, but I am really pleased with much of the ROTS wave coming this year, the first wave of '09, the Sarlaac set, the Lars homestead, the GH Dewback, the GH Rancor, the Shield Generator Battle Pack looks neat, and the Yavin Scramble set looks amazing (if they don't pull the Rebel tech like Galactichunter is reporting). I am pleased with the Ewok three pack and really don't think the color schme is as terrible as many people say.