Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

What features should a big AT-AT have?

For those of you clamoring for an in-scale, full-size AT-AT, what features should it have?

I believe they might be able to make 2 decks on the interior, holding 12 snowtroopers per deck, or 24 or so total, not counting officers.

2 speederbikes might be able to be loaded onto the back. What about clear plastic "Hot Wheels style" race tracks that you could attach or pull out back there, and hidden wheels on the bottom of the speederbikes, so you can launch them out of the AT-AT?

What about a working (recoiling) grapple cable for Luke to ascend on?

How about rappeling lines for snowtroopers to disembark from? Remote control them?

The electronics should pretty much match the previous one: all of General Veers' dialogue and the AT-AT Driver's were included previously and should be again. The walking sound and the noise from the laser guns should stay the same, and pretty much be activated the same way.

If the tunnel in the neck worked to accomodate figures, you'd lose the "puppet head" feature the old AT-AT had, where you could control the head from the troop carrier compartment. I actually always loved that feature originating with the vintage walker.

Could this thing actually be made to walk on its own? Well that would up the cost for sure.

A larger cockpit would accomodate 2 pilots and Veers, and a Snowtrooper commander. Maybe a light-up panel for the holographic Vader would work. That all wouldn't be too hard.

Am I missing anything else?

To me, I'm not sure the AT-AT needs to be redone. I love the one I've got and have since the vintage days (of that mold). It was one of my favorite toys. The larger scale would make Battle of Hoth dioramas more accurate I'm sure (in comparison to snowspeeder size) but that's about it.

I don't think I'd be in the market for a re-do of the AT-AT myself. You?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

It should have room for 2 in the cockpit. Room enough for troops, a dozen at least. A pop open hatch at the bottom so Luke can toss his bomb into.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

My TRU pulled their AT-ATs before I could buy one. So I'd be happy for a re-release and/or update.

It needs a rapelling line for Luke to climb up, and a bomb for him to throw. And a toilet to sit the AT-AT Drivers on, which would be right behind the hole where Luke throws his bomb (Robot Chicken style).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    For those of you clamoring for an in-scale, full-size AT-AT, what features should it have?
    Okay, I'll go off of Tycho's list and say yes or no.

I believe they might be able to make 2 decks on the interior, holding 12 snowtroopers per deck, or 24 or so total, not counting officers.
    --Well, let's count it out. 2 drivers, Veers and a snow commander in the head. 12 on the lower level, fine. since the upper level is a little smaller, I'd say room for 8 on that level. Now this doesn't have to be all troops. It's up to YOU to decide how you'd fill it or not. So including the head and body, room for 24 figs.

2 speederbikes might be able to be loaded onto the back. What about clear plastic "Hot Wheels style" race tracks that you could attach or pull out back there, and hidden wheels on the bottom of the speederbikes, so you can launch them out of the AT-AT?
    --Speederbikes? Ok, I don't mind the idea, but that would change the number of figures on the first level in the body down from 12 to at least 8 if not 6. Speederbikes are LONG and you need some kind of space for them. No to the hot wheels tracks and no to the wheels. Though THIS would be a great time to redesign the speederbikes to something more screen accurate. at the least, give us back the corrected handle bars that only saw a limited release.

What about a working (recoiling) grapple cable for Luke to ascend on?
    --YES!

How about rappeling lines for snowtroopers to disembark from? Remote control them?
    --Yes to repel lines, NO to remote control. FOr one, added costs for that feature that really aren't neccessary.

The electronics should pretty much match the previous one: all of General Veers' dialogue and the AT-AT Driver's were included previously and should be again. The walking sound and the noise from the laser guns should stay the same, and pretty much be activated the same way.
    --Agreed about the electronics, but the buttons shouldn't be all in one place. Much like the Falcon has unobtrusive buttons for different sounds, so should the AT-AT.

If the tunnel in the neck worked to accomodate figures, you'd lose the "puppet head" feature the old AT-AT had, where you could control the head from the troop carrier compartment. I actually always loved that feature originating with the vintage walker.
    --While I'd like the neck to be hollow for figures to "walk" back and forth between, I'll admit I DO like the handle feature to move the head around, so KEEP that. It has more playability than a hollow neck.

Could this thing actually be made to walk on its own? Well that would up the cost for sure.
    --again with the remote control...Cost alone to do this to something that would ultimately be a bit heavy would preclude it from being able to walk by remote control. I think it would be awesome, but given the added cost, I'd say no.

A larger cockpit would accomodate 2 pilots and Veers, and a Snowtrooper commander. Maybe a light-up panel for the holographic Vader would work. That all wouldn't be too hard.
    --absoultely add a holo table. Include a REMOVABLE mini holo Vader and it's all good.

Am I missing anything else?
    --yes...chin guns should move back and forth when the button is activated. I can't believe you forgot that....shame shame. I'm sure there's even more that I could think of, but I'm at work and can't take much more time on the subject here.

To me, I'm not sure the AT-AT needs to be redone. I love the one I've got and have since the vintage days (of that mold). It was one of my favorite toys. The larger scale would make Battle of Hoth dioramas more accurate I'm sure (in comparison to snowspeeder size) but that's about it.
    --Size is only the real issue I have with the current one. Especially now that we have a fairly accurate Falcon and AT-TE.

I don't think I'd be in the market for a re-do of the AT-AT myself. You?
    --yes, I would. Though an accurate AT-AT would be massive. I'd take one at the 3ft tall size. That would be sufficient.
    Move along, move along

Everything mentioned above except the hotwheels ramp and...

A sensor that pops open several hatches on the head and makes a big explosion noise when it tips over.

Absolutely nothing on it that fires a plastic dart of any kind.

As far as pack-ins, it could come with a driver and a snowtrooper. The rest would, I'm sure, be resold in a battlepack or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    It needs 4 legs.
    OYes it does
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    OYes it does
    what no "fifth" leg...
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post

Absolutely nothing on it that fires a plastic dart of any kind.
    I love firing missiles on the toys. You don't? Why?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.