Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    the sales on the first day were stellar,
    Not in my area. It's officially been a week since MM and the Wal-Mart in Litchfield, IL is the only store with a toy section, in a 30 mile radius, that is stocking both vehicles and they haven't sold a single Falcon or AT-TE yet. None of the other Wal-Marts in this area ordered them.

Everything else is moving at a decent pace and there's been plenty of action in the Star Wars section over the last week, but no one is touching the big vehicles around here.

It's possible they've sold some and replaced the box with backstock, this is SOP for the large vehicles at WM and Target (TRU seems to not be doing backstock, everything hits the floor).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, I bought an AT-TE last night and I'm having trouble with one of the center legs. Fortunately the outer 4 legs can support it's weight enough to keep it from being a major problem.

I did plan to get the 3/16" tubing for the fix, just so I don't have to worry about it; but I went by Ace Hardware today and they are completely out of 3/16" tubing and the lady told me they wouldn't have any more until Wednesday.

There's no Home Depot or Lowe's anywhere near me, so I might try Rural King or Tractor Supply Co. in Litchfield. If not, I guess I'll just have to wait until Wednesday.

[FONT=Courier New]
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Well, I bought an AT-TE last night and I'm having trouble with one of the center legs. Fortunately the outer 4 legs can support it's weight enough to keep it from being a major problem. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I did plan to get the 3/16" tubing for the fix, just so I don't have to worry about it; but I went by Ace Hardware today and they are completely out of 3/16" tubing and the lady told me they wouldn't have any more until Wednesday. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]There's no Home Depot or Lowe's anywhere near me, so I might try Rural King or Tractor Supply Co. in Litchfield. If not, I guess I'll just have to wait until Wednesday.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Try 5/16" if they have it. That's what I used.[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Try 5/16" if they have it. That's what I used.[/FONT]
    If Tractor Supply or Rural King doesn't have the 3/16" then I'll try that. I mean it's not like this stuff is expensive, so I can afford a little trial and error. Thanks.

Well, I stopped by Rural King (kind of like a Wal-Mart for farmers - they sell everything from overalls to baby chickens) and found some 3/16" vinyl tubing for $0.19 a foot. So I bought one foot of the stuff and only needed it to strengthen up two of my AT-TEs legs. Everything else is pretty solid. I'll hold onto the extra tubing just in case I need it later.

Did I mention that I love this toy?

thanks for the tips on the legs, i will be trying this very soon to see if it works. i have already posted a complaint on the hasbro site, but have not heard from them. i have plenty of wood dowels at the house, I might try that out first to see if it works, now that i understand the problem the fix should not be that bad.
    later
    and We're back in 3..2.. ..
    [FONT=Arial]"The streets will flow with the blood of the nonbelivers!" Corn Julio[/FONT]
    "Same as it Ever was.." repeat as neccessary..

FANTASIC! thanks for the ideas, I was looking at wood dowels,but did not have the right size, so i took a colored pencil and cut that into 1/4" inch long pieces, used some poster tack to hold in place and stuck that inbetween the pegs. and now my ATTE can roam the galaxy. thanks guys!
    later
    and We're back in 3..2.. ..
    [FONT=Arial]"The streets will flow with the blood of the nonbelivers!" Corn Julio[/FONT]
    "Same as it Ever was.." repeat as neccessary..

I registered just to check on everyone elses status with the AT-TE.

Mine also looks like it was just destroyed by the CIS Army once you press the latch action button.

usually the middle two legs bow out and the frint knee caps fall off...kinda funny but aggravating at the same time =P

[FONT=Courier New]
    Quote Originally Posted by RipDrayen View Post
    I registered just to check on everyone elses status with the AT-TE. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Mine also looks like it was just destroyed by the CIS Army once you press the latch action button.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]usually the middle two legs bow out and the frint knee caps fall off...kinda funny but aggravating at the same time =P
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Have you read through the posts on this thread? There are a few fixes for this toy that are easy and inexpensive.[/FONT]