Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Lame! It's the front and back legs that really should be doing the work. I can't wait till Tuesday when they answer our Q&A question about this.

I can't believe the post office got it to your house though, what with the unreadable scribbling on the address label.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I finally got around to opening my AT-TE. I must've got the ultra rare version where all six of the legs actually work. After hearing all of the problems that people have been having, I was shocked that they worked so well. Its very sturdy. This thing rocks!!!

For those of you who are having problems with the legs I did notice something when I put mine together. After I got the legs put on, one of the rear ones fell off immediately. I put it back on and I squeezed the joint where it fit pretty hard until I heard a click. The leg is on nice and solid now, so I obviously didnt have it put together the whole way the first time. I don't know if this will correct your problems or not, but it worked for me. Also, each leg has a specific part of the body that it goes to and I've read on other sites that incorrect placement can result in the legs falling off. I hope you don't mind these suggestions. I don't want to imply that anyone is stupid and hasn't tried these already. Just that some may have overlooked them.

I also have a question about the rear hatch. When I'm shutting the rear hatch, it makes an audible clicking noise which doesn't sound good to me. Shutting it slow helps some. Does everyone's do that and if it does is that normal and not a flaw, cause it sounds like plastic gears grinding to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    I also have a question about the rear hatch. When I'm shutting the rear hatch, it makes an audible clicking noise which doesn't sound good to me. Shutting it slow helps some. Does everyone's do that and if it does is that normal and not a flaw, cause it sounds like plastic gears grinding to me.
    There aren't any gears to speak of in there to damage. I have had mine TOTALLY apart, and there is only a slow-release spring mechanism in the rear(At the hinge). The noise you are hearing is the slow-release mechanism being reloaded(Loading up the spring to keep the movement slow).
    Don't worry. It's MEANT to sound like that. Mine did too, before i removed the hinge system.
    Bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    For those of you who are having problems with the legs I did notice something when I put mine together. After I got the legs put on, one of the rear ones fell off immediately. I put it back on and I squeezed the joint where it fit pretty hard until I heard a click. The leg is on nice and solid now, so I obviously didnt have it put together the whole way the first time. I don't know if this will correct your problems or not, but it worked for me. Also, each leg has a specific part of the body that it goes to and I've read on other sites that incorrect placement can result in the legs falling off. I hope you don't mind these suggestions. I don't want to imply that anyone is stupid and hasn't tried these already. Just that some may have overlooked them.
    Tycho's definitely didn't have a travel issue that I could detect, but it's possible it never fully traveled into the joint due to factory issues - I am kinda doubting it, but it's not unfeasible. And I verified that Tycho's leg joints were put on the proper locations.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.