Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I might buy this for IG-88 to use.

No. This ship hasn't even been previewed by Hasbro at a toy show yet.

Though it seems to be real, I think the picture that was linked to was just an artistic rendering and the actual toy hasn't been seen yet.

I hope this means they will also make the Twilight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post

Though it seems to be real, I think the picture that was linked to was just an artistic rendering and the actual toy hasn't been seen yet.

No, that was honest-to-God Hasbro photography with the weird lighting.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post

Most Def. I'd so buy a twilight ship.

I saw it at a few stores today and got it for $19.99 at a Target (other stores had it for $24.99 or somewhere between the two). I like the vulture droid better, probably since it's been fairly prominent for about ten years while the Magnaguard fighter isn't nearly as well known. Still, it's pretty fun. It's quite purple, which looks cool. The animated magnaguard fits in the cockpit really well; I haven't tried the regular one yet. They have handles that he can hold onto, which looks cool. As for any actual features, there's the obligatory firing missiles and two compartments into which you can put the magnaguard's staff, though the clips in there are a little too small to do much good.

If you only want to get one of the new ships, I'd say get the vulture droid, but this one is still good, too.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I bought this to stand in for the IG-2000 and posted about it in some other thread. Dunno which. My IG-88s are in storage however. I'd like to see what one looks like flying this ship.

I picked this up at Target yesterday. The cockpit is pretty tight, it fits the animated Magnaguard perfectly but shoving a clone trooper in there was a challenge, I dunno how you're gonna get an IG-88 into there - the control panel would get in the way of where you could bend the knees.

Anyway, the toy itself is kind of a bland entry, the box shows the original with its thin cockpit and heavy wear from the show, then the toy is this bulbous cockpit and has ZERO wear. The purple metal color is decent though, shiny, and subtly sports black versions of the logo on the back of Grievous' cape.

Wide ship, decent sculpting but not tremendous detail (there are small panels exposing a little engine that have nice detail inside tho'). Side guns are missile launchers, not an effective iteration of their guns but there is a little of that detail. Moving tail engines are too small, not covered inside, so boring. The large pointy things at the front are rubbery and not aimed quite right, wobbly so they might get better with time.

Interior clips claim to hold magna's staff, but not the right diameter, the staff can sit on top of them though so it works out. Cockpit has ok detail, canopy looks very nice and clean, magnaguard fig fits perfectly and holds slidey controls. For me, its saving grace is the pull-down landing gear, the rear leg of which has 2 hinges making it quite nifty. More wear deco, slightly larger, or more exciting moving parts would have made this a better toy, as it is it's just ok.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Got any pics of it?
    Next to a coke can, or similar would be EXCELLENT for size.
    Bar.

No pics yet, haven't had the time what with the runup to Botcon. Also, no soda cans.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.