Hybrid View

WAL-MART 501st LEGION

Well I just got back from Wal-Mart about an hour ago. I passed out around 6 pm, woke up at 12 am and said why not, let's see what they got. I heard the 24 hour Wal-Mart's put out their stock around that time.

I got there, a couple 1st day stickers, I already had those though(Ewok, Han, Chewy). But to my shock they had some Wal-Mart exclusive 501st LEGION Clone Troopers. Just my luck I only brought $40.

I got 2 501st LEGION and 2 Comander Gree's, no 1st day sticker though. I'm not sure how rare these 501st troop. are going to be, but I was considering buying more. I know the Target special, Commander Fox, is $12.99. A lil pricy, but I like the lil case it comes in.

So what do you all think would it be worth it to buy some more LEGIONs? I am starting to sell a couple doubles I have on EBay. Like Luke, Han, Grievous, R2-D2, Chewy all with 1st day stick. I'm still a new in this field so ya know. I started last Saturday and I already have a lil over 30 figures, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by PAA_707 View Post
    I'm still a new in this field so ya know. I started last Saturday and I already have a lil over 30 figures, hahaha.
    Your addiction has begun. Join our den of open-em (made in China)!

As to their worth, I don't know how "rare" they are. For army building, you'd get a Ltn. Clone (I think that's what the blue pattern denotes) for the same price as other clones.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Something else I forgot to add was I originally read these weren't suppose to be released until August 17th. Did they get pushed up or something? All I know is at least they charge regular price. I wanted to by two Commander Fox's. But it's just not worth it for $25, considering I could get an Evolutions or Battle Pack cheaper.

I never even saw them in store until about a few days ago. Unless I missed them (possible), they may have been held back a tad, pushed up on purpose, or somebody goofed (possible, too).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by PAA_707 View Post
    Something else I forgot to add was I originally read these weren't suppose to be released until August 17th. Did they get pushed up or something? All I know is at least they charge regular price. I wanted to by two Commander Fox's. But it's just not worth it for $25, considering I could get an Evolutions or Battle Pack cheaper.
    I have found the expected on shelf date is not accurate. I found Galactic Heroes sets that weren't due til next month. I guess I have to check the stores every couple of days to make sure I get the next wave.

I went back today and at least half the rack was still full of these. I thought they would be gone for sure. I almost bought a few more but there was a lot more I wanted and needed. Since I already have 2.

One thing I want is the Wookie Warrior ROTS comic pack #3. I really like that Wookie figure, holdin 2 battle droid arms.

Well, a few of the scal- vendors at Frank & Son here in SoCal had many of these out (no prices listed) and I saw no interest in them. But that's somewhat typical there, for things like that.