Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anakin Error Comic Pack

I stopped by my local Wal Mart this eveing and saw some old things with new packaging. Like the mini battle packs(JEDI GENERALS, BATTLE OF UTAPU). I was ****ed I found 2 JEDI GENERALS but both of them were mangled to hell. Even the Star Wars Transformers got the new packaging.

Anyhow I got off track, heh heh. So I saw some of the comic packs got the new blue and white packaging as well. Then I noticed the #3 Anakin & Durge was errored, or what I believe to be errored. Both of their names and pictures were swapped and in the wrong place. I included some pics so you can see exactly.

So does this make it more valuable or rare? I've heard of some errors going for a thousand. I'm not gonna sit here and think this is even close to that. But it's gotta be somethin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3383.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	17937   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3384.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	17938   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3385.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	17939   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_3381.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	17940  

I'm glad for the confirmation that they are now out, Missed the Durge figures last go around
    ~Umbra: Light is only a shadow cast by the darkness of the stars

All the first batch of these guys were like that, same for Asajj and Tol Skorr. It's nothing of note, but I assume it will be fixed down the road.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I don't think it's really that big of a deal, but it might be worth something to a package variation collector.

I think variation/ error collectors are mostly interested when the figures are different then what they should be, or are a running change by Hasbro. Or they really frak them up, and have to correct them.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

The most important factor in determining the value of a variant, is collector interest. If nobody knows about it, then it's worthless. If everybody knows about it, but nobody cares (for instance the brown backpack Episode 1 Anakin or the Yoda with the Episode 1 logo on the card), then it's still worthless.

Also, there is a such things as "too rare" when it comes to collecting. If a particular variant is so rare that nobody believes it is real, then it's worthless as well.

These are toys, there is no intrinsic value beyond their retail price. There is only speculation.

The best thing to do with this comic pack would be to put it on Ebay with no reserve and the starting bid would be the price you paid for it. Make sure to list the packaging error and whatever the auction ends at, that's how much this particular item is worth.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    I'm glad for the confirmation that they are now out, Missed the Durge figures last go around
    So Durge is pretty popular? To be honest I've never heard of him, but he looks pretty coo, heh heh. They had a 2nd one I was thinking about buying. But I always told myself I would buy 2 Dooku & Anakins first. Cuze I wanted that Dooku figure.

To be honest the only reason I copped on this right away is because the error caught my eye. I figured if worse came to worse I always have the receipt.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post

The best thing to do with this comic pack would be to put it on Ebay with no reserve and the starting bid would be the price you paid for it. Make sure to list the packaging error and whatever the auction ends at, that's how much this particular item is worth.

Or do a search for "Anakin Durge error" or "variation" then check "completed auctions", use the tool bar press "highest first" it will show you what people have paid for it with the highest price at the top.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I just bought a 2nd one. I like that Durge figure a lot. He looks like one of those Darktroopers.

It seems like I always got something new to ask. Anyhow like I said I bought my 2nd Anakin and Durge and barely opened it up today. Anyhow I like this Anakin figure way better than the one with Dooku. Durge is coo lookin too, and his mask comes off as well.

To get to my question is Anakin has a bunch of holes in his robe. There's one on each side of his arm. Then I turned him around and he had like 7-8 random ones all down his back. Was that done purposely, or did I get a faulty robe?

it's comic accurate. they're in the middle of a war and durge has been trying to blow anakin up, when that didn't work he pulled out his blaster. anakin's still alive, but his cloaks a little worse off.