Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Plo Koon...Arena Battle?

I thought that Plo Koon was a part of Ki-Adi Mundi's attack force on the Droid Control ship in orbit above Geonosis? I thought I read that he will be gravely injured during a confrontation with Droidekas but will survive. This suggests that he isn't on the surface at all for the Arena Battle.

Can anyone clarify?

"I wish that Han Solo would come with high heels, suspenders and a bra!"

All the action on Geonosis takes place on the surface and in the atmosphere. So, from a certain point of view, all the Jedi, including Plo and Ki-Adi, are involved in the Geonosis "Arena" battle, whether they are physically in the Arena, or working elsewhere (Starfighters, special forces, etc)
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

*chirp*chirp* "Shaak-Ti... We're done here, we're ready....to.... beam down."
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Since this thread isn't about figures, just about the film, I'm gonna move it to the Ep 2 Spoilers section.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The thread was about the name of an E2 character and if, as the name implies, he is fighting on the surface or on a control ship.

Whatever, it's your forum....

Re: Plo Koon...Arena Battle?

Originally posted by INDIANA
    I thought that Plo Koon was a part of Ki-Adi Mundi's attack force on the Droid Control ship in orbit above Geonosis? I thought I read that he will be gravely injured during a confrontation with Droidekas but will survive. This suggests that he isn't on the surface at all for the Arena Battle.
    If the rumors are true, a Droid Control Ship will be stationed just outside the Geonosis Arena and Plo Koon getting injured by a Destroyer Droid in the Raid when he saves another Jedi (possibly his Padawan).
    Last edited by Co Jo-Da; 02-18-2002 at 05:24 PM.
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Originally posted by INDIANA
    The thread was about the name of an E2 character and if, as the name implies, he is fighting on the surface or on a control ship.
    That's why I moved it from Ep2 Toys to Ep2 Movie - because it seemed like you were talking about a character and a movie issue sparked by the figure's name, so I thought it'd be more appropriate in the movie section and that move would lead to a more accurate discussion based around the events of the character rather than aspects of the figure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Plo Koon's lightsaber?

I just got my Plo Koon AOTC figure, and I'm confused about his lightsaber. It look a lot like the "official" designs for Mace Windu's saber, kind of like Maul's with the pointed ends, and with a blue blade. It looks nothing at all like his yellow blade with the simple handle seen on his Ep1 toy and the Jedi Council comic book. Is this reflecting some plot twist of which I'm unaware?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plo.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	735  

Is it just me or is the force thing stupid looking?
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Yeah, it's a little lame. Interesting idea though, trying to show the force in the toys. And it may look stupid on the toy, but I'm hoping that it'll be a cool attack on the big screen.