Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Walmart Droid Factory

How many of you have the whole set of 6? Last weekend on a whim I decided to buy 5, except I had to go out of town to find the Luke & R2D2. At the time I was thinking I should have waited on them, but I sure am glad I didn't. I was there yesterday and was debating on grabbing the last one to my set, Watto. There was at least 7 more Watto's.

All of a sudden I go back today to make a return and the whole row was cleared, I mean cleared out. Except for 1 Han Solo. I just had to express how happy I am I made the right choice, haha. I normally miss out for stupid reasons.

I wonder if they packed them up or something, but then again they left 1 Han on the rack. I just find it hard to believe they sat around for a few months, then since last night to this morning they all sold out. I thought it was weird.

[FONT=Courier New]I bought all 6 sets. I bought the first one (Han Solo) online (it was the only one available online). I had to go on vacation in Bend, OR (3-4 hours from Portland) to find the other 5 sets.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Apparently the Wal Marts in Portland on 82 absolutely SUCK for exclusives and the people who run the toy departments are rumored to despise collectors.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Are there any Portlanders who can confirm this?[/FONT]

Because I was only interested in the droids, I was only able to justify buying one pack. The only one that I had some interest in both figures. So I got R2-D2 and Luke. I may put the limbt they come with on E-bay for 1.99 since I don't really care about C-3PX.

. . . He's probably the first droid to ever come out that I couldn't care less about.

Well, him and the black droid that comes with Vader in the set.

[FONT=Courier New]I actually really liked all of the droids. I was a little ho hum about the R2-D2 just because I have so many at this point. There sorta like Vader that way.[/FONT]

Oh, don't get me wrong. Aside for C-3PX, I really wanted almost all of the droids. At some point, I'll probably get them on E-bay. But paying 10 bucks for a set that I only want one figure that has no accessories just sounded a bit much.

I especialy liked the R2 unit that comes with Watto, and almost regret not getting him. But if I wait a few months, I'll be able to find him on E-bay for next to nothing.

I'm happy with R2, since it's an interesting variant, and I only have one other version of him, and I have never had a luke in X-wing flight sute figure. Figured since the only rebbels I normaly buy now adays are droids and pilots, it was time to get him.

[FONT=Courier New]I was really happy with the 3 astromechs that came with Watto, Plo Koon (plus I didn't have a Plo Koon), and Kit Fisto.[/FONT]

I nabbed all 6 sets in one go about two months ago. I had a hard time finding a WM that had them and had to have a clerk get up on a ladder to get them down for me. I like the whole set, some of the droids were assembled so that the middle tread is on backwards and doesn't sit quite right on the ground, but they look pretty good on the whole.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I've never seen these in the store, but recently ordered them from Walmart.com. They had all but the Han Solo set, so I just ordered the other five. I checked again yesterday and they had Han Solo and a couple of Legacy Wave 2 figures I didn't have yet, so I was able to order them all. They are being shipped to the store, so hopefully I'll have them all by then end of next week.

I bought the whole set from ebay just over two weeks ago... they've only got to come from Florida, which should have good postal connections to the UK, but I'm still waiting....
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Yeah I was thinking about buying doubles of the Luke one. Because it comes with R2-D2 too, and I don't have either opened up yet. So 2 for $10 not bad. I found a new stock load in the Wal-Mart a lil bit outta town, so there's quite a few now. Then again about 3 boxes that were sittin there for 2 months sold out in a few days, so who knows.

I like the Watto as well, because I haven't really seen another Watto anywhere. Now that I think about it though I could probalby find the whole set on Ebay for a coo price and not stress about the boxes. Because I already got my display set, so I ain't trippin on the boxes for these.