Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Discussion Thread for Most Wanted Vehicle Polls

Well, let's get the ball rolling on this. Hasbro liked our figure poll results, and wants more data like that, so we said we'd like to do up a vehicles poll and they seemed to like that idea. I'm not sure what event we could give them the results on, Toy Fair is next February, Comic-Con is next July, and I'm not sure what else they are going to in the meantime. We could also try to submit the results sooner via email channels.

I am not entirely sold on any of the poll methods out there, but I am curious which methods folks want to see.

I'd also like to see a list of potential vehicles by source rather than by size, I think seeing everything together will give us a better idea of what we're up against and what we'll have to do to get it done.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That's a great idea. Since I'm primarily an OT kind of guy, most of my wish list is either obvious or too obscure for it to be made, anyway here goes.

ANH- Tantive IV
    - SoroSuub V-35 Landspeeder ( Lars family landspeeder)
    - Ubrikkian 9000 Z001 (Landspeeder at front of cantina)
    - Bespin Motors Vid Spider THX 1138 (Near cantina)
    - Mobquet A-1 Deluxe Floater (Another backgroundspeeder)

ESB- Rogue 3 Snowspeeder ( w/ Wedge in Snowspeeder outfit)
    -Needa's Shuttle
    - Medical Frigate

ROTJ- The Khetanna (Jabba's Sail Barge)
    -Endor landing platform to attach to Endor AT-AT to and place Imperial Shuttle on. ( Not really a vehicle, but I'd buy one!)
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Well, let's get the ball rolling on this. Hasbro liked our figure poll results, and wants more data like that, so we said we'd like to do up a vehicles poll and they seemed to like that idea. I'm not sure what event we could give them the results on, Toy Fair is next February, Comic-Con is next July, and I'm not sure what else they are going to in the meantime. We could also try to submit the results sooner via email channels.

I am not entirely sold on any of the poll methods out there, but I am curious which methods folks want to see.

I'd also like to see a list of potential vehicles by source rather than by size, I think seeing everything together will give us a better idea of what we're up against and what we'll have to do to get it done.

I'm all for polls here, but I would like to see them broken down into mid-size vehicles (Jedi Starfighter/AT-ST) & Large Size vehicles (SailBarge/Blockade Runner). (Rough price point doesn't hurt either)

ANH: Rebel Blockade Runner (Most Wanted)
    ESB: AT-AT (Larger Re-done)
    ROTJ: Sailbarge (2nd Most Wanted)
    TPM: Sith Infiltrator (Larger Redo) Or Gungan Sub
    AOTC: Padme's Ship (Gets Blown up at start of film)
    ROTS: Palpy's Shuttle (3rd Most Wanted)
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

I'll support large vehicles like the Blockade Runner and Sailbarge for those who want them, but I wouldn't buy either one.

My nominations:

AT-AT - larger and rebuilt from scratch
    AT-ST - ROTJ Endor version, large enough to hold two drivers
    Speeder Bike - Endor speeder bikes, all new
    TIE Interceptor - all new
    Darth Vader's TIE Fighter - all-new, rebuilt from the ground up
    SPHA-T - probably impossible to make
    Republic Gunship - all new and big enough to carry around the AT-TE
    B-Wing - correctly scaled
    Y-Wing - correctly scaled
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

TPM:

MTT
    Small Battle Droid Carrier
    Nute Gunray's Neimoidian Shuttle.
    Droid Starfighter (Transformable)

AOTC:

AT-TE Dropship
    Dooku's Geonosian Solar Sailer

ROTS:

Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
    Droid Gunship
    Techno Union Starfighter
    General Grievous' Neimoidian Shuttle (Retool of Nute Gunray's Shuttle)
    Techno Union Hardcell Class Interstellar Transport
    Tri-Droid (Accurate size)
    Vulture Droid (Repaint)

EU:

Banking Clan Ground Armored Tank
    Ultra Battle Droid (Huge version of the Super Battle Droid)
    Trade Federation Gunboat
    Scorpenek Annihilator Droid
    Siesmic Tank (From first Clone Wars cartoon)

TPM - Bongo, more racing pods - all of them.
    AOTC - Ricksaw (the one on Tatooine), AT-TE dropship
    ROTS - Emperor Palps shuttle, Padme's shuttle
    ESB - Rebel Transport, Cloud Car, AT-ST (resized as BB said)
    ROTJ - Speederbikes (these really need to be re-done), TIE Interceptor (with proper cockpit)

Oh, and Home One (just joking JT)
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

The Droid Starfighter / Vultcher Droid needs to be molded in harder plastic for a good transforming one.

It is long past time that electronics were put into some kind of TIE Fighter to get Ben Burt's award-winning rattlesnake laser cannon sound and lion's roar fly-by noise. If they can't use a watch-style battery to power it, then go back to the old mold with the hand-hold / battery compartment on the back of the cockpit. It was inaccurate, but the re-mold is out there now for all who want to buy this. I myself would love the electronics. Also, firing missiles could be added to the TIE Interceptor, and the electronics and firing weapons would easily be fitted to the TIE Bomber. Vader's TIE could also easily accomodate the electronics, but I don't want to buy another one and would still rather have the option to fleet build with the regular TIEs that now feature electronics.

Dooku's Solar Sailor could be a very interesting vehicle to do.

The Gungan Sub (Bongo) is long overdue.

I'd like both of Padme's ships.

I think JediMasterSal is yearning to be the nominee to construct this poll.

Yes, I think that a movie-by-movie approach, irregardless of size, might be interesting - we did the figures that way. However, that's NOT what Hasbro asked for. I was there, and while it's open to interpretation, I think they wanted a free-for-all listing poll, irregardless of source or size. With figures, the list is a huge list to manage with hundreds of possibilities. With vehicles, we're already looking at maybe less than 50.

So if the list jumps around in obvious price-points say from the sailbarge to the Lars' landspeeder ($100 - $20), they're not concerned with that. Hasbro will determine what to charge for the toys. While the Star Destroyer might be impossible to make pencil out, we can at least prioritize our demand for the ship and let Hasbro cross it off.

This one can be very, very simple - and that's all it needs to be.

Sal already ran this poll before - we could even just e-mail his previous results - but the Sailbarge took the top slot. I'd predict it will again based on many people's comments around the forums. Now do we need 20 brackett tournament polls and 5 more run-offs to explain this? I think we can just do one listing poll and wind up with very accurate results.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    The Droid Starfighter / Vultcher Droid needs to be molded in harder plastic for a good transforming one.

It is long past time that electronics were put into some kind of TIE Fighter to get Ben Burt's award-winning rattlesnake laser cannon sound and lion's roar fly-by noise. If they can't use a watch-style battery to power it, then go back to the old mold with the hand-hold / battery compartment on the back of the cockpit. It was inaccurate, but the re-mold is out there now for all who want to buy this. I myself would love the electronics. Also, firing missiles could be added to the TIE Interceptor, and the electronics and firing weapons would easily be fitted to the TIE Bomber. Vader's TIE could also easily accomodate the electronics, but I don't want to buy another one and would still rather have the option to fleet build with the regular TIEs that now feature electronics.

Dooku's Solar Sailor could be a very interesting vehicle to do.

The Gungan Sub (Bongo) is long overdue.

I'd like both of Padme's ships.

I think JediMasterSal is yearning to be the nominee to construct this poll.

Yes, I think that a movie-by-movie approach, irregardless of size, might be interesting - we did the figures that way. However, that's NOT what Hasbro asked for. I was there, and while it's open to interpretation, I think they wanted a free-for-all listing poll, irregardless of source or size. With figures, the list is a huge list to manage with hundreds of possibilities. With vehicles, we're already looking at maybe less than 50.

So if the list jumps around in obvious price-points say from the sailbarge to the Lars' landspeeder ($100 - $20), they're not concerned with that. Hasbro will determine what to charge for the toys. While the Star Destroyer might be impossible to make pencil out, we can at least prioritize our demand for the ship and let Hasbro cross it off.

This one can be very, very simple - and that's all it needs to be.

Sal already ran this poll before - we could even just e-mail his previous results - but the Sailbarge took the top slot. I'd predict it will again based on many people's comments around the forums. Now do we need 20 brackett tournament polls and 5 more run-offs to explain this? I think we can just do one listing poll and wind up with very accurate results.
    I think the release of the Falcon and AT-TE and talk of Hasbro continuing the BMF trend, has gotten people more optimistic about big vehicles. So I believe, if the poll was run again, the results would be much different.

I would personally prefer these to be broken down by size, since there are so many unmade speeders and podracers that I would never buy and I would hate to see them pushing other, larger, more iconic vehicles out of the top spots.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I think the release of the Falcon and AT-TE and talk of Hasbro continuing the BMF trend, has gotten people more optimistic about big vehicles. So I believe, if the poll was run again, the results would be much different.

I would personally prefer these to be broken down by size, since there are so many unmade speeders and podracers that I would never buy and I would hate to see them pushing other, larger, more iconic vehicles out of the top spots.
    Amen to that, I agree 100% that it should be broken down according to size.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Size matters not... I was thinking 2 polls, OT & PT, but then again, maybe just a free for all. Like Tycho said, there really aren't that many different vehicles and even less ones that Hasbro would even consider (like a star destroyer or some split second one like the Lars landspeeder in the garage).

I'm sure there are a LOT of vehicles we could find that multiple people on the forums would say they would buy, but getting 7 people to say they would buy some obscure ship or 5+ foot long ship will not convince Hasbro to make it.

I know Jedi Defender's figure list were just enter your top 10 and each vote counted equally, so whatever got the most votes won. That or what the 2nd poll was here where the votes were ranked (#1 worth more than a #10 vote). Both of those methods makes sense to me, but hopefully we could get more than 12 people to vote... I"m thinking I remember at least one of the breakdown threads showing only 12 people voted.
    Ex-wife to me in the toy aisle: "Why do I sense we've picked up another plastic lifeform?"

Thanks to sebillba for the trade!