Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Was Mace Crucified?

Just took a good look at the packaged Deluxe Mace. Should I assume his left palm has a magnet? While I initially thought the idea had some merit, I was hoping/praying Hasbro would do a better job "hiding" them in the figures hands.

Guess I was wrong...

Yes, his left hand has a magnet, but Hasbro has done a great job hiding them. They are painted to match the figure's skin color and blend right in. You can see the magnet in the Deluxe Mace's hand in this picture. You can also see the force missle firing hole hidden in the figure's sleeve. It actually looks pretty good how they made it look like his inner clothes. Hides the firing feature pretty well. Plus it looks like both arms are ball jointed, which is even a bigger plus. This picture is from Rebelscum's toy fair coverage.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tf2002byebyemace.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	721  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Hidden? Obi looks like he has a flipping great pustule on the whole of his hand and the firing mechanism on Mace is massive and not hidden at all. (Oh if the censorship here wasn't so heavy I'd have a few choice words for you Binks ). The point is that the gimmicks aren't that well hidden and ruin the rest of the figure. To get a magnet in they make the hand big and fat or the sleeves massive. The hands on the figures aren't that good anyway normally. Like EP1 Palpatine with his tiny hands and then the AOTC Palpatine with his massive snow shovel hands. What gives with the hands Hasbro? yeah, you may have gone to a lot of trouble with the heads and costumes but the hands and feet still suck. Two steps forward three steps back.
    Scooobydoo, where are you!!!

Originally posted by DARTH DUBIOUS
    Hidden? Obi looks like he has a flipping great pustule on the whole of his hand and the firing mechanism on Mace is massive and not hidden at all. (Oh if the censorship here wasn't so heavy I'd have a few choice words for you Binks ). The point is that the gimmicks aren't that well hidden and ruin the rest of the figure. To get a magnet in they make the hand big and fat or the sleeves massive. The hands on the figures aren't that good anyway normally. Like EP1 Palpatine with his tiny hands and then the AOTC Palpatine with his massive snow shovel hands. What gives with the hands Hasbro? yeah, you may have gone to a lot of trouble with the heads and costumes but the hands and feet still suck. Two steps forward three steps back.
    I suggest you wait til you see the figures in person before being so critical of them. And quit with the flaming posts about me and my posts ok, it's pretty damn juvinille. I have already reported you for harassment and if it keeps up you'll end up banned. The gimmicks look fine, so what if he has a small magnet peg in his hand. You don't like it, don't buy the damn figure. The gimmicks are pretty well hidden, IMHO. You just appear to be one of those people that judge things before you have them in your own hands. For one, the size of Palpatine's hands hasn't changed at all. He just has his hand open and his fingers spread. You can't judge size on a photograph on-line. Those pictures are close-ups remember. The hands and feet are fine, but if you don't like the stuff...Don't Buy It.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Are you for real? What is your problem? I was just passing comment and you throw a big girly hissy fit! grow up please little boy and then come back and talk some sense. Are you the only one allowed an opinion here? Is this your personal sounding board? I don't think so and I for one am getting pretty sick and tired of listening to your endless tirade of "happy! happy! figures are all lovely and anyone who disagrees can go to hell in a hand basket" attitude. Report me all you like little boy. My opinion isn't any less valid than yours. You take offence at me saying that I wish I could say what I feel like saying? How absurd. I could have typed any number of strong words and opinions but I didn't and I was just expressing my lament at that. If this was the real world I'd have given you a verbal pasting, but for the sake of others reading I didn't. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen baby. And what is wrong with me expressing my opinion that you talk too much? Get some perspective on this whole thing. Star wars is a hobby not a lifestyle. You're quite obviously confusing the two.

I suppose you'll report this too. That'd be about the level of it to try to stamp out what doesn't fit your little world. No I'm not happy with the way things are looking and it is possible to do scaling comparisons from online pics. I've done it many times and been accurate. You seem to delight in belittling people and their thoughts Binks. Petty mindedness isn't an attractive trait to own.
    Scooobydoo, where are you!!!

Ok, Dubious, for one, you started it, and two, YOU SHOULDN'T OF. JJB is free to comment just as you feel you're free to comment.

I'm not too happy about the magnets, I too was hoping they'd be imbedded in the figure's hand, but hopefully they'll lose the gimmick after awhile and switch backing to normal holding. On the other figure details, well dude, basically all the loose AOTC/Classic toys without packaged counterparts there are in prototype form, so they can get better.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by DARTH DUBIOUS
    Are you for real? What is your problem? I was just passing comment and you throw a big girly hissy fit! grow up please little boy and then come back and talk some sense. Are you the only one allowed an opinion here? Is this your personal sounding board? I don't think so and I for one am getting pretty sick and tired of listening to your endless tirade of "happy! happy! figures are all lovely and anyone who disagrees can go to hell in a hand basket" attitude. Report me all you like little boy. My opinion isn't any less valid than yours. You take offence at me saying that I wish I could say what I feel like saying? How absurd. I could have typed any number of strong words and opinions but I didn't and I was just expressing my lament at that. If this was the real world I'd have given you a verbal pasting, but for the sake of others reading I didn't. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen baby. And what is wrong with me expressing my opinion that you talk too much? Get some perspective on this whole thing. Star wars is a hobby not a lifestyle. You're quite obviously confusing the two.

I suppose you'll report this too. That'd be about the level of it to try to stamp out what doesn't fit your little world. No I'm not happy with the way things are looking and it is possible to do scaling comparisons from online pics. I've done it many times and been accurate. You seem to delight in belittling people and their thoughts Binks. Petty mindedness isn't an attractive trait to own.
    Nope, I am not the only one allowed an opinion. But unlike yourself, I am not flaming people for their opinion. I guess that it's only your own opinion that should be recognized as correct. Remember this little saying: "Opinions are like asses, everyone has one, and everyone thinks their's doesn't stink." Perhaps you should check your other flame threads, including the one that you edited earlier.

Your opinions are fine here, your flaming and harassment posts are not. You don't make your argument sound very mature when you attach it along side rude posts such as this and others. Like I said, I respect and like to read others opinions, but If I can help people in some way, such as pointing out somthing about the figures they may not have noticed, I am going to do so. I have gotten numerous praising posts for helping people, and posting pics when someone had a question. So cut out the flames, it takes away from my time trying to help people having to respond to them.

Now if you don't mind from now on, stick to stating your opinion, not attacking someone for theirs. I also suggest you look at a less close up version of the Palpatine figure again. And you will notice that the hands are in preportian to normal human hands if held in that manner. That's just a suggestion BTW, not a flaming demand. :happy:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

...did you ever start a thread and then wish you were never born...

So THAT's what dubious means....

Indeed, I must agree with Jar Jar Binks and LT Basker on the fact that dart dubious shouldn't have "started" anything. This thread is not about how "stupid" other people are for thinking what they think. Strangely enough, this thread makes me wonder just what the word "community" means in terms of these forums. Emperor Jargo signed off today (if the post is to be believed) and even though I don't know the guy "personally", I will miss him. I have said this before in other threads(sorry to all who're getting a repeat) but we should all appreciate and respect each other. Jar Jar Binks puts a lot of sweat into his contributions to this site (read:this community) and is(at LEAST) entitled to his own opinions without having to be personally attacked (and if you don't agree, then explain that "girly hissy fit" comment without insulting anyone's intelligence). C'mon, if everybody here is some kind of geeky idiot that is just begging to be "called on", then why even log in?? I thought that we were all friends............? Thanks Jar Jar, No thanks dd
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Originally posted by INDIANA
    ...did you ever start a thread and then wish you were never born...
    *Pats Indiana on the back* It's ok man, it's not your fault. I hope the picture I attached helps though. You can see the magnet is the same skin tone as mace, and the missle shooter is hidden in the empty space between his inner clothing and outer half cloak. Where the area would have been empty anyway.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks