Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jackpot

Jackpot

You ever stopped by a store on a whim, expecting to find nothing. Well I've been stopping by Target every other day for about a week and have bought about 2 figures from them.

Also to add in the other day I finally decided to give up looking for 1st dayers, and buy what I want basically. So I bought 2 Bane Malors, 2 Ak-revs, 2 Comander Grees, and a bunch more.

Go figure I stop by Target hoping to at least find 1 Snowbunny Padme, and low and behold they've had the widest selection I've seen yet. I bought Bane Malor(1st day sticker), AK-rev(1st day), Commander Gree(1st day), 2 Imperial Evo Troop.(1st day), 2 Kayshyyk Trooper(one 1st day). I couldn't believe I found all of these, I was shocked. Only thing would have made it better was finding Scuba Clone, or Sith Evolution.

By the way something I forgot to ask. Is there a list somewhere of exactly what figures came with 1st DAY ISSUE stickers. Obviously the whole Clone Wars line did, but I think some of the Legacy didn't. Because I've searched and searched and have yet to find a Yoda & Kybuck, Darth Vader(ROTS w/o mech. suit), Obi-Wan 1st DAY ISSUES, and I believe there's a few more.

I'm guessing they didn't come with the stickers because the exactly same thing was released in the old packaging w/ the coins. But then again so did the Evo. and Kashyyyk Trooper, and Commander Gree. And I ended up finding all of them.

Jackpot purchases are the best kinds. Inverse relationship between expectations and product reality.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by ncbarrett View Post
    hasbro's 2008 release includes what had 1st day stickers..

http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/...UNCHLINEUP.pdf
    Thanks that helped some. It looks like I have every 1st day sticker possible in the Legacy line except for Yarna and regular Darth Vader. I didn't see a list for the Clone Wars, but I'm sure I got most of those too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Jackpot purchases are the best kinds. Inverse relationship between expectations and product reality.
    I guess it really wasn't a jackpot per say. But I wasn't expecting to find that many 1st day issues this far down the line. Especially since I was barely finding any at all at my local Target.

It was also strange because just days before I bought 2 Ak-revs, 2 Commander Grees, 2 Bane Malors, thinkin I would never find the 1st dayers, and boom. Suprise Suprise. I am getting sick of doing returns though, hahaha, and I bet they're sick of seeing me.

Quote Originally Posted by PAA_707 View Post
    ... I didn't see a list for the Clone Wars, but I'm sure I got most of those too.
    Clone wars 1st days are on bottom of page 2

Quote Originally Posted by ncbarrett View Post
    Clone wars 1st days are on bottom of page 2
    Thanks again, sorry I'm a little blind, haha. Anyhow I guess I almost completed my collection of 1st days. If I would have won this auction on EBay I would have had every single 1st DAY ISSUE possible. Can you believe Yarna, Vader, and Malor 1st DAYs went for $10.50 with $6 shipping. No one was bidding at the time, and some foo crept up behind me and got me for 50 cents. I was heated.

I didn't realize I was that close to having them all, I thought more than that came with the sticker. Now I'm really motivated to find the last 2. Even though I already have doubles of both.

I remmeber the great drought of 03. Nine months and nothing. I walked into WM at the time and found 3 waves of figures at once. I grabbed them all up at that point
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

[FONT=Courier New]There's an independent toy store outside of Portland that had all of the new Evo packs the week before 07.26.2008 out and for sale. I went there on a whim wondering if they'd have anything. They charge a little more, but sometimes they have what I want.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]I went there on 07.26.2008 around 10:30 am (they open at 10) just to take something back and they had ALL of the figures up. I got 5 Scuba Troopers, Obi Wan, Saesee Tiin, the ARC Quad Gunner, and a Lancer Droid. They guy at the counter said they got them in the day before and put them all up that night after they closed, so I got to grab anything I wanted![/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]It was a really nice surprise for me because Midnight Madness at my local TRU was manageable (my wife and I left the house at 12 am, hoping the crowd's would be thinned out and they were...), but I only got a BMF and AT-TE (and a free Holo Grievous), all the small stuff like Battle Packs and V-19's were scooped up.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Also, the Fred Meyer stores in Portland had all of the Legacy Collection Saga Legends figures up and for sale 2 weeks before the street date.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]I would call those jackpots.[/FONT]