Post TV Guide (dated 8/11-24/08... SPOILERS until film's out)

I heard that there'd be a TV Guide out before the CW movie, and I picked it up in line (first grocery store line impulse buy in a LONG time) while buying soup, bananas, and potatoes. It comes with a CD-ROM (which is worth the $3.99 cover price right there) that has:
    - 2 film trailers
    - a scene from the film (quite cool)
    - still photos (okay)
    - "meet the creators" (not too bad)
    - links to sw.com and tru.com (really? advertising?)

The clips are all less than 2-4 minutes. Check it out! And for you completists: four different covers. (I only bought Yoda/Dooku, not Threepio/R2, Obi-Wan/Ventress, or Anakin/Ahsoka).
    "That's what Sheev said."

Just came back from getting mine at Walmart !! I ended up geting the threepio/r2d2 cover and I can't wait to watch the cd-rom !

I meant to ask: when did TVG go magazine, rather than digest size? This isn't special to CW, it seems. It's also much raunchier than I remember (I haven't bought/read a TVG since the '99 TPM covers). The cover article about CW uses one "bad word" and several hints towards adult aspects; not for kids, even though the film seems to be.

Has anyone else had problems getting the CD ROM to play?
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Has anyone else had problems getting the CD ROM to play?
    In the DVD player on my TV, yes. It just showed text (no CW images) on a blue background, allowed you to move down the choices (but "enter" did not work), and a SW song was playing in the background (don't recall which). It said something about MP3, so I don't know if that's why it wouldn't work.

In my computer's drive, no. It was fine there, and that's where I watched it. The bigger problem I had was getting it out of the holder without tearing/wrinkling the cover.

I keep forgetting to look for this one. Good to know the CD-ROM isn't exclusive to TRU, as one thing I read made it seem.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I keep forgetting to look for this one. Good to know the CD-ROM isn't exclusive to TRU, as one thing I read made it seem.
    No, but there are TRU logos all over it. Don't wait too long to get it, as it's "exclusive" to a week-long period!