Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Bernie Mac dies at 50

Read this just a few minutes ago. Complications due to pneumonia? Wow. I thought he was one of the best supporting comedic actors around; he made many a show/film better, without dominating the screen.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Bernie Mac Dead at 50

Wow, a funny man, dies young, due to pneumonia. May he R.I.P.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I just started the same thread in TV a few minutes after this one. Sad and shocking. R.I.P.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Wow, hard to believe.

Aside from his role in Transformers, I've not watched any other movies he's done. I know he had a long-running TV show but I never tuned in for that either.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

While I wasn't a big fan of his show, there were several of his movies I enjoyed. Very sad in the fact that he really wasn't that old. R.I.P, Mr Mac.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

I really enjoyed his stand up and several movies he was in. Never did get into his show either. Very saddening news... may he R.I.P.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I didn't like Transformers, and I thought his show was a bite-off of Titus (though not bad), but, other than that, he was a damned funny guy.

Bernie Mac and Jim Henson both dead at early ages due to pneumonia.... Someone needs to make a public service announcement.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Well that sucks. No more cameos in Transformers. I didn't follow his career too much, but I liked some of his work.
    Move along, move along

Rip

Dead at 50? Wow, too young.

He had some great dialogue in "Bad Santa", especially the interactions he had with Marcus.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

This is a total bummer!
    I really like his TV show and everything I've seen him in.
    A truly funny guy.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"