Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bane Malar?

Thumbs down Bane Malar?

OK seriously, Hasbro... what is going on?

Bane Malar?! I can't even find this guy in the movie!! There are way more worthy characters to be made into figures for Jabba's Palace, like Fozec, Shasa Tiel and Doallyn. I mean, that last guy had some serious screen time, getting pushed around by Boussh and/or Chewie!! Somebody please point him out to me in the film cuz I've tried and can't for the life of me even find this guy. If you can't see him in the movie, then what's the point? It's not like he's a popular EU character or anything. He looks like a guy from Spaced Invaders or something. (I will admit that the figure is well made).

This is just as bad as Djas Puhr.
    OH THE HUMANITY
    brutal metal/hardcore
    [url]www.myspace.com/ohthehumanity[/url]

Bane Malar was originally a dentist from Alderaan, exiled for questionable work done on the royal family's teeth. He later specialized in Hutt denture-work, and became Jabba's personal dental hygenist. He also treated the Rancor's gum disease.

he's ice cream maker guy's cousin. on his mothers side.

I agree that there were better candidates but I'll take him.

Oh and I'm pretty sure Djas puhr was in ANH. Maybe only his head or something but I saw him.

Bane Malar is easily one of my favorite new figures. I'm especially hopeful for the rumored Kithaba and Wooof figures after seeing how much care Hasbro put into making this guy.

I always thought Bane Malar was the guy that Boushh and/or Chewie pushed down when they entered Jabba's Palace. Looks like I might have to rewatch the film.

Regardless of how easy he was to spot in the film, Bane Malar gets an A+ from me!

I liked the Bane Malar figure as well. The only thing I didn't like is that he seems a bit undersized. Maybe he's actually supposed to be but it sure doesn't help in the "imposing looking denizen of Jabba's Palace" department.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPharaoh View Post
    OK seriously, Hasbro... what is going on?

Bane Malar?! I can't even find this guy in the movie!! There are way more worthy characters to be made into figures for Jabba's Palace, like Fozec, Shasa Tiel and Doallyn. I mean, that last guy had some serious screen time, getting pushed around by Boussh and/or Chewie!! Somebody please point him out to me in the film cuz I've tried and can't for the life of me even find this guy. If you can't see him in the movie, then what's the point? It's not like he's a popular EU character or anything. He looks like a guy from Spaced Invaders or something. (I will admit that the figure is well made).

This is just as bad as Djas Puhr.
    There was a huge debate about this a little while back. You can read about it here.
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]

I think what the deal with Doallyn and Malar is that in the ROTJ, the guy Chewie pushes down the stairs was canonically Doallyn. The actor was wearing a combination of Bane Malar's costume, and Doallyn's helmet, causing all this confusion. Bane Malar himself never actually appeared in the movie, as nobody in the movie is wearing his helmet.

There are people that are quick to point out that Decipher named the skiff guard wearing a white shirt and Doallyn's helmet as the real Doallyn. But Decipher has made mistakes before, and couldn't it be possible that Doallyn changes clothes at some point?

Either way, Bane Malar is definitely an awesome (if really short) figure. This guy definitely deserved to be made and I'm glad it was sooner rather than later! He was the first figure I grabbed on midnight madness!
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

I bought 7 Bane Malar figures to spread around and populate my dioramas so there are "citizens" in my Star Wars universe (in various scenes where there are crowds).

I think he's a pretty good figure. I'm more inclined to think he's the guy Chewie throws down the stairs as Leia (disguised as Boussh) enters Jabba's Palace.

I'm fairly sure that's what Hasbro was inspired by - the guy Chewie tosses. And from there-on, there might be reference problems and the Decipher card causes more confusion. "Tales From Jabba's Palace" also reinforces it being Doallyn on the stairs, I think.

"I'm so confused." - C-3PO in AOTC

meh. he was probably filmed but trimmed out of the movie.