Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Teachers

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    My wife has four days left. It's funny that we're only 100 miles north of LA yet the school districts are so different as to when school starts.
    Next year, our district (and some, but not all, of some other local ones) is moving our start day to AUGUST 10?!? I don't normally use such an acronym, but WTF?!? (Why That Far... why, what'd you think it meant? ). That'll really mess with parents' carpooling. I am not in favor of it, for several reasons, but what're ya gonna do...?

We have nine full days, plus three half days for final exams. But who's counting?
    "That's what Sheev said."

Students return to school for us on August 10th. It is ok though because they get out earlier (they are already out for the year).
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

That's nuts. In college, we went from the end of September to the first or second week of June. In high school, we started around Labor Day and got out about the same time in June, maybe a bit later. Of course making up snow days could add time, but we were always out before my birthday on June 16. I think in first and maybe second grade, we started at the end of August, and were able to get out a little earlier. Thus, when we went on a vacation to California, Disneyland and all those places weren't too crowded because most schools weren't out yet.

I checked, and the US Constitution, from 1787 (or 1789, I forget) says that it's THE LAW that school begins in September. That settles that. :brusheshands:

My wife jettisoned the kiddies today.

Tomorrow is her last official day in the classroom until it starts all over again in August. She's signed up for two classes over the summer (early), and then she'll be free and clear to enjoy the rest of the summer.

Free at last! Free at last! God Almighty free at last!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

3 weeks left for us. This year, our graduation ceremony is on Monday. So that means one extra Monday of service. Then we're off. Most summer school programs have been cut this year, from what I hear. I run one that is a type of independent study. This one is still scheduled to start July 6, but who knows. Last year it was cut due to low enrollment after two weeks, just in time for SDCC. If we can get that much time this year, I will be satisfied. I only work the summer program to cover additional expenses at SDCC.

My poor little wife is now done for the year. She looks a bit shell-shocked. Kinda like a TV station when it goes off the air for the day.

And that concludes our broadcasting day......beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! *show Indian head test pattern*

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    My poor little wife is now done for the year. She looks a bit shell-shocked. Kinda like a TV station when it goes off the air for the day.

And that concludes our broadcasting day......beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! *show Indian head test pattern*
    Wow. That shows (pun not intended) how old we are, TI. TV not being on all the time? That's impossible... what if a fire breaks out locally? Or some nation has a natural disaster? Or Lindsay Lohan gets arrested? Or a new movie sells 14 more tickets? Or there's a new study on weight gain/loss? Or someone posts on a blog? Or a Tweet? Or someone's fingernail starts to grow?

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

What can I say? I grew up with a coal-burning TV set............

Throw in another shovel full, will ya!