Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Teachers

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Also, i've read about four books this summer though....for LEISURE! Something that I haven't done in YEARS!

I read thus far:

PRIDE & PREJUDICE & ZOMBIES, which was hysterical, especially since a lot of the original content and themes were still in tact.

A MERCY- New Toni Morrison book which was decent. Way too much introspection and very little movement. The ending was good though.

IN COLD BLOOD- Really fascinating "non-fiction" work that I really enjoyed. Capote was definitely a fantastic author.

DEATH OF A SALESMAN- I thought this play was pretty bad. Willy Loman just isn't a good character; he's too whiny, self centered, arrogant, and worst of all, clueless and unwilling to adapt. The only interesting part was the "twist" about his son and the ending.

Now i'm reading the TALES OF H.P. LOVECRAFT!

Glad other folks are done too. What are your summer plans??!?
    That's high on my list (LISTS... ) to do this summer, as it has been the past four or five ones. Am almost halfway through my third book (check out the "Reading" thread in Comics and Books for more of mine [and many others'] reading conquests).

Plans? Vacation to Grand Canyon via Williams train (3-4 days). Attend a couple school-related events (no more than 2 days total for each). See a few movies in theaters. Go to Unofficial SW Day at Disneyland (Sat. June 27). Sleep and rest ( ). Watch stuff on TV (although, it's mainly just baseball now as far as sports goes).
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

It has begun.

My pleasant, loving wife is beginning her annual transformation into a........

TEACHER!!!!!!!!!

Oh, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo! :Runs into the night with arms flailing over head:
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Oh, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo! :Runs into the night with arms flailing over head:
    Like Jar Jar running away from all the boomers he let loose?

My new girlfriend is a teacher.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    You are out of high school, right?

Let's take a look back...
    Quote Originally Posted by me, on 6-19-09
    Plans? Vacation to Grand Canyon via Williams train (3-4 days). Attend a couple school-related events (no more than 2 days total for each). See a few movies in theaters. Go to Unofficial SW Day at Disneyland (Sat. June 27). Sleep and rest (:zzx: ). Watch stuff on TV (although, it's mainly just baseball now as far as sports goes).
    Did the Grand Canyon trip, plus Kartchner Cavrerns near Tucson. School-related stuff was typical. USWD at DL was okay (smaller turnout than I expected). Slept as much as I could, I suppose. Saw at least 2 or 3 summer flicks. Getting Direct TV led to much more television watching.

Now I'm getting my classroom back in order, and still shopping for supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Like Jar Jar running away from all the boomers he let loose?
    Yes...and while shrieking like a little girl.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Every year, I create a new door sign for my classroom, and the last three years have matched the same theme that I have for my classes. Of my seven years where I began the year knowing where I was teaching:

- my name and subjects in an ESB-type logo
    - a restaurant cafe menu
    - a transparent hand (with the phrase "clearly you will have an impact on this class" on it)
    - a "take a number/address" bulletin board/sign post paper (I did have one student [not on my rosters] ask me what jobs were available)
    - a "speedometer" of the 180 days of the year (for the theme "Around the World in 180 Days" )
    - an Etch-A-Sketch (for the long theme "Drawing on the Past, Presently, to Sketch Your Future" )
    - and this year, a cereal box nutrition label (for the theme "Healthy Living and Learning" or something)

It's a fun way to remain creative. I also put a no electronic devices/food sign below it written as a joke (it starts with "two students walk into a classroom" ).

Big shout-out to all you teachers! Hope you enjoyed a much-needed summer. My daughter is looking forward to 2nd grade, and I can't wait to get her out of the house!

Seriously, she has an awesome teacher lined up this fall so we're really happy, but I wish our city paid such teachers better.
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    Got it bad, got it bad, got it bad,
    You're hot for teacher.
    I got it bad, so bad,
    You're hot for teacher.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Classroom is locked up. Desks are in rows (although, I am short one desk for period 3's 38 students). First class starts at 7:58am PST on Monday, August 10, 2009 A.D. I am feeling an emotion prior to the start of this upcoming school year.