Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Teachers

Don't get me wrong, we like the cookies too! It's just the fact that we can't buy from every little girl who asks my wife. Seeing the disappointment in their little faces gets difficult!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

That's why I never cared to partake in any sort of fund-raising thing like that at school. Not so much the disappointment, because I never actually got to that point. Instead, it was more like, "who the heck am I gonna collect donations from or sell something to?" I didn't live in town where it would have been more convenient to go door to door, and even if I did, that would have been kind of intimidating. Trying to ask people you know kind of puts them in an awkward position if they aren't really interested. Plus, my parents didn't feel we should ask them anyway.

Have confiscated 6 cell phones in the last 2 days (two during the SAME CLASS PERIOD). Have the kids not learned by now? Shall I soapbox about my hatred of cell phones again? (that might be a worse punishment for them)
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Have confiscated 6 cell phones in the last 2 days (two during the SAME CLASS PERIOD). Have the kids not learned by now? Shall I soapbox about my hatred of cell phones again? (that might be a worse punishment for them)
    Next time you give a test, you should take out a cell phone and start talking on it.

STAR testing this week.

Time for this boy to duck and cover!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

We finished our testing last week. The school's had a "Drive for 835" campaign all year (the API score adds up to that amount; it would be a 5-point increase), to expand on the school's county-leading level.

Today is both nice to have as an "unplanned" day off, but since it's due to budget issues, the pay cut part isn't so nice. Oh, but I have a pile of papers on my lap as I am typing this message. :noreliefforthegraders:
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    STAR testing this week.

Time for this boy to duck and cover!
    Nemesis: S.T.A.R.S.!!!
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

APs start next week, CSTs in 2. The countdown for school year's end is here.

I've had office hours for the last two weeks or so as two of my classes are done and then my other class had two days of presentations. I'm collecting final projects for my three regular classes and my DL course on thursday. Then, LOTS o' grading. Should be a hoot.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Awesome! Pretty soon I'll get to be a member in this thread! I'm gonna be a teacher of sorts. More of an instructor at training school but nonetheless...
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!