Page 29 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Teachers

Our start date is Sept. 13. The latest I have ever begun a school year.

So, are any others of you going back to school this week? Tomorrow is our all-staff meeting and then some with the department. Tuesday is the big day. I have a 1st period prep for the first time ever; it doesn't do me much good, as I still arrive about an hour prior to start time (which, BTW, is now 7 later this year). I am going to be draggin' by the end of the day.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Mrs. TI7's big day is tomorrow.

This weekend has been as the closest thing I'll ever experience to an EF5 tornado........
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I love seeing all these back-to-school ads in print and on TV... that was three weeks ago for me (but I'll still pick up some items if I need 'em... except for fashions my classmates will love ).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Our summer bridge program for at-risk, incoming 9th graders begins tomorrow. One week of half days set up to reverse any negative behaviors as early as possible. After Friday, though, the kids don't return until Sept. 13... plenty of time for those bad habits to reappear.

Classes started this morning and so far, so good. I've scared the crap out of 18 kids by faking the "time for a 100 question test!" scheme. Good times!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Every year (it's been nine?!? already?), I change my door sign at the entrance of my room. Apparently, I didn't take pictures of all of them, but here are three (the "space" one if this year's sign) that are often based on a year-long theme. I'm missign my SW script logo, my Etch-A-Sketch, my cafe, my nutrional information, my "clear" hand, and one other I fail to recall right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2005-05C40.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	23588   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2007-08C40.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	23589   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-11C40+.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	23590  

In a message received today, the words "vague," "unapproachable," and "aloof." Hmm.

Your principal needs to get out more often....
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I went to see Waiting for Superman this weekend. My union sent out a message to the base urging us NOT to see it - which made me want to see it even more than the awesome poster that hangs in my classroom. The film was fantastic. Have any of you seen it yet?