Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Teachers

I haven't seen it listed in the local theater (or theatre ) times yet. I want to see it as an educator, but I want to avoid it as a teacher (if that makes any sense). So I will likely catch it once it's here (maybe with some members of my dept.).
    "That's what Sheev said."

My son recently acquired a job as an after school program teacher at the beginning of the school year. He teaches science at one of the lower economic neighborhood schools. His school had their "back to school" night this past week. The number of parents that attended: zero. Absolute no-show for the entire school. No kidding.

"That is why you fail".
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

You've heard of the 5 stages of grief? welcome to the 5 stages of grading.

http://notthatkindofdoctor.com/2010/...es-of-grading/

I'm really guilty of #2 and #3.

and that's sad to hear, TE7. Sadly, many parents just don't care about how their children approach their studies. They just assume they'll be passed/pass the class.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I feel like a metaphoric crash test dummy lately, except the actual dummies have some protective gear to protect them.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    My son recently acquired a job as an after school program teacher at the beginning of the school year. He teaches science at one of the lower economic neighborhood schools. His school had their "back to school" night this past week. The number of parents that attended: zero. Absolute no-show for the entire school. No kidding.

"That is why you fail".
    Nobody!!!! WOW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Nobody!!!! WOW!!!!
    Correct. Unfortunately, I think that translates as future job security for me.

Once (if?) I found out who hot glued my classroom door lock today, I'll send 'em up your way, TI. :vandalism:

So far I have had the best start ever in my 6 year teaching career. Great class, leaving school earlier (I know that sounds bad, but for me I would putz around after school forever sometimes getting home 6:30 or so, not good time).

I have said that so often the past month that I feel that it is going to bite me in the backside.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I am now firmly convinced that teachers need to start a tea party movement.

Enough already! The Feds and state governments have failed miserably. Let teachers teach! Stop with the Hitleresque mandates of failure!

You all need to take back the classroom!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    I am now firmly convinced that teachers need to start a tea party movement.

Enough already! The Feds and state governments have failed miserably. Let teachers teach! Stop with the Hitleresque mandates of failure!

You all need to take back the classroom!
    You better watch it, you'll be labeled a Libertarian. The next thing you know you will be supporting Ron Paul and your name will be added to the Domestic Terror watch list.

I tend to agree with you, Federal spending on education has had zero positive impact, despite major increases in Federal spending. This is due in part to all the strings attached to the money.
    May the force be with you.