Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Teachers

Yay! My wife's school site was honored with California Distinguished School status (again!)!

I'm very proud of her because she's always been one tasked with the application process...and it ain't easy!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

It ain't easy being... blue. Ribbon-worthy. Congrats!

I had two Star Wars-related references today: for a poem assignment about symbolic words relating to future dreams/goals, one student wrote his (off-topic from the prompt, unfortunately) on ANH plotlines (fun to read), while another used the phrase "delusions of grandeur." Now, if only they worked faster, more intense, in 3-D!
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

It must be nice to have students that work.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Today's the last furlough day of the school year; we're supposed to have our superintendant visit our site this Friday, which will tell us the expectations for next school year. Seven days have been dropped off the school year over the past 3-4 years; it could be up to twelve for '12-'13.

My apologies if I'm overstepping... a friend recently lost her child to cyberbullying. My company launched a Kickstarter campaign to address this issue with kids. We'd appreciate any help to spread the word via twitter, facebook, etc. Thanks! http://kck.st/JrF925

AJ

Today is the California's Day of the Teacher. Thank your local one! Responsibly, of course. (is it also such a day in other states?)

Yay! My wife was named Teacher of the Year at her school site!

I'm very proud of her!

That is awesome! Like, TOTALLY awesome! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    That is awesome! Like, TOTALLY awesome! Congrats!
    Thanks BCJ! It's nice to see her colleagues have appreciated all her work throughout the years when putting together the application for California Distinguished Schools (her school has been so honored for about 15 years or so....she's always been part of the process). It's also nice to see that her colleagues haven't held it against her that her third grade class has always taken school spelling bee honors (usually first place; but always in the top three places) since she began teaching! Most of all, she's had some of the tougher classes and seems to be able to turn the kids around year after year. It ain't always easy teaching at a magnate school!

We said goodbye to a few long-time colleagues yesterday: the longest-tenured member of the district (42 years ) who's retiring from the drama dept., our principal who's taking on a new district-wide position, two teacher's who've been a part of the school since its opening a decade ago and a decade prior to that, plus a few recent hires that budgetary woes have affected. And Mr. Bel-Cam got his 10-year pin! With that "real" diamond on it, I can sell it, retire, and live like a king! A Sacramento Kings peanut concessions worker, that it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10Yrs LO.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	26169