Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Teachers

Congrats on your milestone BCJ, and congrats to Mrs. TeeEye7!!

Well, the school year is rounding the last stretch, and the finish line is in sight. Who else is as tired as I am?
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Congratulations on your milestones, teachers.

Four weeks left for the end of the school year at my school. This is our short summer, since we start the year in mid-August this year (ending in May). It doesn't bother me because I think this is the better model for students to be on in high school - more prep time for APs & CSTs, apart from the fact that so many universities operate under an August to May calendar already. It will be an adjustment, though, learning to teach in the August heat.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    Congrats on your milestone BCJ, and congrats to Mrs. TeeEye7!!

Well, the school year is rounding the last stretch, and the finish line is in sight. Who else is as tired as I am?
    Thank you on her tired behalf! (And does she ever have that end-of-the-year-look!).
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Blood-from-a-stone metaphoric diamond, sure.

If I didn't have all my grading done now, I'd be even more exhausted. I'll have plenty of finals to console me this week.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I am officially on summer; as I finished cleaning up, boxing up, and packing up my classroom. Turned in my keys, got my paperwork signed off, said my bye-byes. After a really rough start, this year ended pretty decently.

Sadly, no student ended up with 1,138 total points earned in the semester.

I would expect this to be a more likely event to happen at my wife's campus since we're on the east end of town (closer to the foothills and river canyon), rather than a school site that's significantly "in town". Crazy! What a way to end the school year!

http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.co...ing-graduation
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

We get frequent notices about rattlesnakes in the spring, since there's a big open area north of the school grounds. And there have been news reports of bears or cougars (interesting, since those are the mascots of local schools) wandering into pools, backyards, gardens, etc. CA isn't as urbanized as people think.

Classroom is almost set up, except that now I am teaching a grade level different than the last preliminary schedule (now I've had four different classloads since the end of last school year). Check out the door sign (yes, I teach English, not science, but we mix our cross-curricular studies a bit at a time), even with the "wrong" grade level. Guess now I have a variant MOC!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8-1-12c.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	26469  

Two periods today were literally SRO, as I had four more students than seats (they shared my teacher desk, the bookshelf with the pencil sharpener, and another student's desk) and as many as seven standing along the wall (until I realized six were in the wrong room due to late schedule changes). But a good first day aside from that. And the 104 degrees outside (just over 80 indoors).