Star Wars (and Marvel) Movies to Continue FOREVER!

Disney has no plans to end either the Star Wars or Marvel film franchises, according to its CEO Bob Iger. Iger confirmed the wonderful/dreadful news to BBC Newsbeat, and your gut reaction will say a lot about your feelings toward their ongoing contributions to cinema.

"There are five Star Wars films - four more with Episode VII: The Force Awakens - that are in varying stages of development and production", Iger said. "There will be more after that, I don't know how many, I don't know how often".
    http://www.gamesradar.com/more-star-...ms-go-forever/

Thoughts?

I think there is plenty of room to expand the SW film franchise without going all "meet the new super-Jedi and Vader replacement" on us.

If it's done well it could work for Disney, so long as they don't expect every SW Film to be a $1B blockbuster.

I am reserving my opinion until I see how they handle the new Rogue One film. That's the real test for Disney IMO. It was kind of expected that EP 7-8-9 would/will be blockbusters. How they handle the rest of the stories, in what are sure to be smaller grossing films, will be key to the success of SW going forward.

As for the Marvel stuff, like Bob said, there are thousands of characters to play with there. IMO, they did a good job with Ant-Man in terms of shifting gears and toning it down. I prefer to see them focus more on developing the characters and worry less about big action big blockbusters with over the top special effects.
    May the force be with you.

Where "text" & "friend" are (n) & "fail" is (v)
    Agreed. While public perception was that Star Wars was "everywhere," if you think about it, as far as films went, even after the PT, there were 6 (technically 8) films spread out over a 30-year period. That was just enough to create a buzz, but not too much to saturate (see James Bond, Star Trek, Fast/Furious, Friday 13th, etc.) and affect the quality. Since the acquisition was announced, THAT has always been my biggest fear.

p.s. I think this might be a better thread for the "Other Movies" section than "Miscellaneous," despite its crossover subject matter, but I'll wait for other Mods to chime in.
    From Star Wars Episode VII: the Broadway Edition... FN and the Amazing Technically-Poe's Dream Jacket.