Page 14 of 58 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Teachers

Is it wrong to know we have 37 days left, with 3 of them as half days for final exams?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Is it wrong to know we have 37 days left, with 3 of them as half days for final exams?
    Not by my reckoning...

Closer, ever closer..........
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Our final day this year is June 25th. My classroom will be like a sauna the last few weeks and the students and teacher will just love it.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Our last day's 6/10, but next year, our district's changing the calendar and starting TWO WEEKS EARLIER!?! Shorter summer, and it'll be much hotter for the first part of the school year, but we'll be done before June starts. Ugh.

Now 32 days left...
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Our last day's 6/10, but next year, our district's changing the calendar and starting TWO WEEKS EARLIER!?! Shorter summer, and it'll be much hotter for the first part of the school year, but we'll be done before June starts. Ugh.

Now 32 days left...
    Our last day is May 21st...the exams for my classes are on May 13th, so I am practically done then.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

UT starts "layoffs across all campuses" next week, which is kinda nerve wracking. I survived the last round of them in December AND I'm listed as teaching a class in the fall (they haven't renewed my full-time contract yet. dammit), so i'm wondering if i'm at risk or what. It's a crappy situation as our Pres is focusing on turning the university into a "product" that is medical/tech driven, leaving out any notion of the arts and humanities. It's assinine. We're offering FREE enrollment for students with high GPA's and our enrollment is really high for next year. so, how this *** figures that UT can deliver a quality education with overstuffed classes and understaffing is beyond me.

I've talked to my superiors and bosses and they say that they can't imagine me NOT returning next year as a full-timer, but until I get a full-time schedule, i'm not holding my breath. It's not their fault at all, they're at the mercy of the system just like myself.

Needless to say, i'm sending out apps ALL over the country. Meh.

Also: Toni Morrison spoke here on friday and I guess slammed his ideas in front of a few thousand attendees; sorry I missed it.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Yesterday, my wife had called here aide to prepare for today's happening in their classroom. Somehow, the conversation progressed off topic and it was established that her aide and I went to school together. As a matter of fact, we were in the same second and fourth grade classes. I hadn't met her aide this year, and since she's been twice married and divorced, her last name wasn't familiar to me at all. Weirder still, she lived in Spain the same time I did! Strange coincidences! What do you call this, karma?
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    Strange coincidences! What do you call this, karma?
    Only if it's in a complete sentence and includes the question in your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    Also: Toni Morrison spoke here on friday and I guess slammed his ideas in front of a few thousand attendees; sorry I missed it.
    Unless I'm greatly mistaken, author Toni Morrison is not a dude.

Our last day of Standardized testing was today. Woo hoo!

Today our governor announced a half percent pay cut for all teachers in the months of May and June. That translates to $75 dollars being deducted from each check in those two months.

On top of that, teachers are being required to take 10 hours off in what the governor called "flexible furlough," between June 1 and Dec. 31.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed