Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Teachers

Here's wishing you a good 2009-2010 school year, sir!

....and to any others who may start tomorrow......
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I started today.

And I'm still alive!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I think I had the best first day I've ever had today. No problems (just a few annoyances), my a/c got fixed, did not have more students than desks. Alright! Just need 179 consecutive days like this...
    "That's what Sheev said."

We start Sept. 9. I've been a teacher since 2001 and we've never started this late. The year ends June 28th, equally late. Supposedly, this is a one time thing to get the formerly tracked schools onto the same calendar with the traditional schools. Summer school ends for me tomorrow, then a week off before the summer bridge program for incoming 9th graders.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    We start Sept. 9. I've been a teacher since 2001 and we've never started this late. The year ends June 28th, equally late. Supposedly, this is a one time thing to get the formerly tracked schools onto the same calendar with the traditional schools. Summer school ends for me tomorrow, then a week off before the summer bridge program for incoming 9th graders.
    So did you also start teaching in September of 2001? I started a college teaching job that same month, the week of the Two Towers.
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

I started student teaching fall semester '01. Interesting way to begin the path of education (and it was US History and Gov't, too).

I can't believe how early some of you have to go back....that's kookie talk!! It should be after Labor Day.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    So did you also start teaching in September of 2001? I started a college teaching job that same month, the week of the Two Towers.
    Yes, I did. My fourth day as a teacher was Sept. 11. In retrospect, I cannot imagine my career without the bonding that happened with my students that day. 8 years later, I still keep in contact with so many of them, many of whom are parents now and almost as old as I was when we met.

We had our Back to School Night for the earliest ever last night: on the 8th day back from summer. That was weird, but it was a good turnout; 64 students represented (out of 150+ on the rosters). Today was a minimum day to offset the there-until-9pm day before.

Today, Friday, is my wife's first official day back to school. Friday did you spake? Yep. But without kids. The Thundering Herd comes on Monday the 24th; along with the Kamakaze Parents. Then begins the 180 day count-down.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!