Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Teachers

Here's wishing you a good 2009-2010 school year, sir!

....and to any others who may start tomorrow......
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I started today.

And I'm still alive!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I think I had the best first day I've ever had today. No problems (just a few annoyances), my a/c got fixed, did not have more students than desks. Alright! Just need 179 consecutive days like this...
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

We start Sept. 9. I've been a teacher since 2001 and we've never started this late. The year ends June 28th, equally late. Supposedly, this is a one time thing to get the formerly tracked schools onto the same calendar with the traditional schools. Summer school ends for me tomorrow, then a week off before the summer bridge program for incoming 9th graders.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    We start Sept. 9. I've been a teacher since 2001 and we've never started this late. The year ends June 28th, equally late. Supposedly, this is a one time thing to get the formerly tracked schools onto the same calendar with the traditional schools. Summer school ends for me tomorrow, then a week off before the summer bridge program for incoming 9th graders.
    So did you also start teaching in September of 2001? I started a college teaching job that same month, the week of the Two Towers.
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

I started student teaching fall semester '01. Interesting way to begin the path of education (and it was US History and Gov't, too).
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I can't believe how early some of you have to go back....that's kookie talk!! It should be after Labor Day.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Long Gone View Post
    So did you also start teaching in September of 2001? I started a college teaching job that same month, the week of the Two Towers.
    Yes, I did. My fourth day as a teacher was Sept. 11. In retrospect, I cannot imagine my career without the bonding that happened with my students that day. 8 years later, I still keep in contact with so many of them, many of whom are parents now and almost as old as I was when we met.

We had our Back to School Night for the earliest ever last night: on the 8th day back from summer. That was weird, but it was a good turnout; 64 students represented (out of 150+ on the rosters). Today was a minimum day to offset the there-until-9pm day before.

Today, Friday, is my wife's first official day back to school. Friday did you spake? Yep. But without kids. The Thundering Herd comes on Monday the 24th; along with the Kamakaze Parents. Then begins the 180 day count-down.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!