Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 LastLast

Thread: Teachers

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Evacuated!
    An automated district call tonight says tomorrow's out, too. The fire's still on, but the air quality's awful, even as far away from the school where I live. Winds only slightly less powerful, single-digit humidity.
    "That's what Sheev said."

We can see the plume from my school in downtown LA.

What was the smell like for you there, Maradona, if you could sense it that far away?

Couldn't smell a thing from here. My mom in Monrovia can. We used to live in Rancho Cucamonga. Like the people of Cloud City, the people there always live under the constant threat of the destruction of everything they've built.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    We used to live in Rancho Cucamonga. Like the people of Cloud City, the people there always live under the constant threat of the destruction of everything they've built.
    Yeah, the tibanna gas mine here hasn't been used since 1980. Was supposed to have had some deal to keep the government out of here forever.

My interview for Honors/AP got rescheduled for this Monday. No internet access to our personal drives all day. Buildings usually didn't smell too badly of smoke inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    My interview for Honors/AP got rescheduled for this Monday.
    A nice form letter informing me I was not selected to teach Honors next year. But I still get to work in arguably the best district in SoCal!

Three. More. Fridays.

I so do love this time of the school year.

Now we have one Friday left, as our last day's a Thursday. And I gots me a lots o' papers needing marks on 'em by then. After that?

Our last day, the so-called "pupil free" day, is June 6. It's also graduation day. Technically, that would make it four more Fridays, but since I will have already turned in my grades and rollbook, spending the evening wishing departing seniors the best for their lives ahead, I don't count it.

Nothing like an after-school off-campus end-of-the-year gathering to see your colleagues in a different light. Two words: karaoke dedications.

One full day next week, then the three half-day finals days. Now, I just need to finish grading my projects and create the final itself!