Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    s.Darko (sequel to Donnie Darko)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S._Darko

    It sounds interesting, but nothing will top the original.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S._Darko

    It sounds interesting, but nothing will top the original.
    Yes, nothing will top the original, but I have no desire to see this as:

    A. the original writer/director of the first film, Richard Kelly, has NO INVOLVEMENT in this film, he did not write/nor has he read the screenplay and he seems to be pretty against this sequel.

    Also, the synopsis talks about "Frank the Bunny's Ghost." But, if you're working with the timeline of the universe in the first film, Frank is alive and well. So, this means that Frank must be part of the manipulated dead and/or Sam is going to be part of another tangent universe?!?!?!?

    I think my eyes just crossed.

    Either way, i'm REALLY REALLY leerie about this flick.

    on another note: I did REALLY enjoy Kelly's second flick, "Southland Tales." It's a trip, mess of a film.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Yes, nothing will top the original, but I have no desire to see this as:

    A. the original writer/director of the first film, Richard Kelly, has NO INVOLVEMENT in this film, he did not write/nor has he read the screenplay and he seems to be pretty against this sequel.

    Also, the synopsis talks about "Frank the Bunny's Ghost." But, if you're working with the timeline of the universe in the first film, Frank is alive and well. So, this means that Frank must be part of the manipulated dead and/or Sam is going to be part of another tangent universe?!?!?!?

    I think my eyes just crossed.

    Either way, I'm REALLY REALLY leerie about this flick.

    on another note: I did REALLY enjoy Kelly's second flick, "Southland Tales." It's a trip, mess of a film.
    I have to agree that a sequel should never be done. But, the film was so powerful that fans want more and the fans who make movies, will do one.


    I am going to Netflix and putting all Kelly's other films on my queue. Is there any of his I should stay away from.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

  4. #4
    Nothing can top the original.

    One little coincidence I noticed with the original "Donnie Darko" is that they used the song "Mad World" by Tears for Fears. Though performed by someone else. (not as good as the original in my opinion)

    The same song was used in the closing credits for "The Dark Knight" who co-starred Maggie Gyllenhaal, who is Jake's sister, and both were in Donnie Darko. Jake Gyllenhaal of course co-starred with Heath Ledger in "Brokeback Mountain"

    "Mad World" from Tears for Fears first album "The Hurting" is a perfect song for both movies.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"


    "No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Nothing can top the original.

    One little coincidence I noticed with the original "Donnie Darko" is that they used the song "Mad World" by Tears for Fears. Though performed by someone else. (not as good as the original in my opinion)

    The same song was used in the closing credits for "The Dark Knight" who co-starred Maggie Gyllenhaal, who is Jake's sister, and both were in Donnie Darko. Jake Gyllenhaal of course co-starred with Heath Ledger in "Brokeback Mountain"

    "Mad World" from Tears for Fears first album "The Hurting" is a perfect song for both movies.
    Uh, TDK didn't have that song as the end credits, it was just orchestra/score music from Zimmer and Newton Howard. As for as I remember, TDK didn't have any songs used in it, just score.

    and the slower version is by Gary Jules.

    And scruff, i've only seen the mentioned two films of Kelly's, so i'm not sure about his other ones.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

  6. #6
    Watch "The Dark Knight" again dude. You'll hear "Mad World" at the end whether by score or someone singing it.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"


    "No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Watch "The Dark Knight" again dude. You'll hear "Mad World" at the end whether by score or someone singing it.
    I have both versions of the scores, the regular one and the expanded one. I'll listen to them tonight and get back with you tomorrow afternoon.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO