Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Opinion On Darth Vader 2-piece Helmet?

The idea of it is coo, but once you open it, it f**kin sucks. The top part of the helmet won't stay on for nathin. I don't know if it's just my figure, well I have 2, one sealed one opened. But I just keep him on desplay and his helmet falls off just from me bumpin into the desk.

So what do you all think? Does my figure just suck or is it everyone's, heh heh.

Um, mine's not quite that bad. The fit isn't fantastic, I mean it looks a little goofy and there are gaps where it isn't perfectly snug but I have a million Vaders already and didn't buy this one to display with the helmet all zipped up.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

My helmet fits almost perfectly with only one gap along the right jawline. And it stays on just fine.

Is your helmet warped in any way? Since this is probably the last Vader I will ever buy, I spent quite a lot of time examining the helmet parts through the bubble to make sure that they weren't warped in any way before I bought one. So, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with why they fit so well.

I don't know it looks fine to me. And I'm the type to stare at the figure for half an hour before I buy it, haha. There isn't any gaps or anything. The bottom face part fits nice and snug, and perfect. But the actual top helmet part falls off when my parrots fart. This is my first Darth Vader too, haha. Well the first I've taken outta the package.

I have no problems with the fit of my figure's helmet what so ever, and it looks every bit as good as the 30th anaversary collection Vader. Other than the flat black face, I don't see much of a difference between the two until I remove the helmet.

Clarification: The helmet fits better on my Legends Darth Vader than both the prototype shown at toy fair, and the one used in the Sir Steve's Guide logo on the banner at the top of this page! Sufice it to say, I am thrilled with this figure. And the paint job is just about flawless, too.

I think the problems with the helmet's fit that people are having are either manufacturing flaws with individual figures, or (more likely) packaging mistakes that squish one or both of the parts.

After switching hands with my previously mentioned TAC Vader and having my wife use her sewing skills to remove the silver 'chain', it will now take one truly spectacular Darth Vader figure for me to ever need to buy another one.

. . . or a weak moment where I want the biuld a droid part . . .

Mine is pretty good...no complaints so far.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Mine is packed away, but I rememebr the helmet wouldnt fit right
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

No problems here. I have been waiting for this vader for a long time. (as you can tell, I am a big fan of his)
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

I had buyers remorse the second I opened the piece of sh*t.
    The helmet sucks. The dome falls off way too easy and there is a massive gap in the jaw.
    The soft goods cloak is terrible and the crappy string they used for the neck chain won't stay down.
    And he can only hold his lightsaber in his left hand - it looks wrong.
    Speaking of the lightsaber - due to the adamantium laced scotch tape they used the damn blade warped coming out of the package.

And I got ripped off - I only got part of a droid rather than the whole thing*.

Figures like this is the reason why I stopped buying Star Wars figures.

*Yes, that part was a joke.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    I had buyers remorse the second I opened the piece of sh*t.
    The helmet sucks. The dome falls off way too easy and there is a massive gap in the jaw.
    The soft goods cloak is terrible and the crappy string they used for the neck chain won't stay down.
    And he can only hold his lightsaber in his left hand - it looks wrong.
    Speaking of the lightsaber - due to the adamantium laced scotch tape they used the damn blade warped coming out of the package.

And I got ripped off - I only got part of a droid rather than the whole thing*.

Figures like this is the reason why I stopped buying Star Wars figures.

*Yes, that part was a joke.
    Sounds like you just got a bad one. I actually spent a long time scrutinizing the figures before buying one and, after doing a hand swap with the TAC Vader, he's the best Darth Vader figure made.