Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A baby giraffe was born right while I was at the zoo today!

I was in the San Diego Zoo only 90 feet from the giraffe enclosure when a crowd started gathering and cheering. My friend and I immediately headed over there to see what all the uproar was about, and I was to learn of the birth of a brand new baby giraffe.

How much of a rare coincidence is that! I DO have pictures of the new infant and as soon as I download my camera, I'll post them to this thread and maybe the rest of the photos of the animals I took. (There were a lot of the forum members from this place in the monkey cage for some reason. Looked like a darn SSG convention. -I'll post those pictures too as soon as I label everyone :P )

Was this ever an amazing day for sure!

My wife and I have been to our local zoo at least 5 times in the last year. Never seen a birth of an animal before though, well at least not live.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I'll bet that little giraffe came out like a long wet noodle.

btw: San Diego Zoo is awesome, just don't get on the wrong side of the double-decker tour bus, or you'll need a giraffe neck to see the animals.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I have a special sneak preview of the photos and evidence as to why Tycho was so interested:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giraffe-pic.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	18026  
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Yes! That's exactly it. The baby was sure to become some kind of a GENIUS GIRAFFE. It could stand up on its own within minutes of being born - how far advanced beyond humans is that? Human babies have to crawl before they can walk. This little (girl - actually) could RUN (albeit she was a bit wobbily on her feet still, and nearly fell over like a dozen times while we watched her).

But she was way ahead of the curve by more than a neck. A neck! Get it?

Giraffes are cool! Remember that the next time you see Geoffrey at Toys R Us!

I saw a rhino giving birth at the zoo once, and Jim Carey came out.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I was sitting here on my arse, and somewhere in the world a baby Hippo was just born. What a coincidence
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    I was sitting here on my arse, and somewhere in the world a baby Hippo was just born. What a coincidence
    Wow, what a coincidence, I was sitting in the bathroom this morning (on my arse as well) and thought a baby hippo was being born.

I am a baby hippo, and I was born earlier today.

I'm only three-and-a-half hours old.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Every time I pull my pants down to use the bathroom it looks like a baby elephant is being born trunk first.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!