Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Ridiculous Prices

My god I knew KB was ridiculous, but who do they think they are jackin their prices up. Their figures were $8.99 for the first few weeks, now all of a sudden they jack em up to $9.99. That is ****in crazy. Same price as about a Comic pack at Walmart. The only way I'm buyin one there is if they ever get a Scuba Clone, or if I can't find blue trim Clones. I see the blue trims every so often, but have passed thinkin I'll see them again.

the 501st Clone Trooper is a Walmart exclusive so if you see it you might want to pick it up as i doubt you'll ever see it in KB.

i agree that the prices are insane, Kohls Department Store is the same with pricing $9.99 for basic and $20.99 for comic packs when they have them.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    the 501st Clone Trooper is a Walmart exclusive so if you see it you might want to pick it up as i doubt you'll ever see it in KB.

i agree that the prices are insane, Kohls Department Store is the same with pricing $9.99 for basic and $20.99 for comic packs when they have them.
    At least Kohl's puts them on sale regularly. I've gotten several figures there over the years and never paid more than half of the listed price. I certainly wouldn't want to rely on that place for all my collecting needs though.

I noticed that the TRU in my town bumped up their prices to 7.99 for basic figs. There were 3 I would have bought at 6.99, but I passed on all of them at that price. I can find them at WM for more than a buck less...for now.

The ONLY things I buy at Wally Wold are Star Wars figures. The increase in price to 7.99 everywhere else has me furious, because I can find these figures for next to nothing in six months to a year on E-bay.

If the prices get much higher, I will probably stop collecting. 8 bucks a figure is edging much closer to 10 bucks each than I'd like, and they just aren't worth it at that price. I know we have all this inflation going on, but since the line re-launched, figures have officaly reached a price increase of 100 percent, and that's just crazy to me.

Well, I shouldn't say I'd stop collecting. I'd just buy the figures unpackaged on E-bay a year after they are out for about four or five dollars including shipping.

I think higher prices increases the odds of peg warmers. Whenever there is a resculpt that is only marginally better or a new figure that is less than inspiring (like Jerjerrod), the dynamic shifts even more towards passing.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    I think higher prices increases the odds of peg warmers. Whenever there is a resculpt that is only marginally better or a new figure that is less than inspiring (like Jerjerrod), the dynamic shifts even more towards passing.

Can you emagine how many of the TFU Darth Vaders are going to be clogging the shelves by X-Mass time?

I know the price increase is not helping move the Indiana Jones line any faster. More's the pity. I think it may be safe to wait for clearance on most of the RotLA and KotCS figures. Both the Wal-Marts I frequent are loaded down with those figures.

I suspect it may be huring the GI Joe line as well. They were a good value for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroleptic View Post
    Can you imagine how many of the TFU Darth Vaders are going to be clogging the shelves by X-Mas time?

I doubt it since they will be bought for Christmas gifts. Vader does sell to kids
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

It is ridiculous! Joes and Jones are 7.99 at TRU Target, ANd Meijer. I think the Star Wars hike prompted the multi-line increase.
    Last edited by Kidhuman; 08-21-2008 at 04:11 PM. Reason: removed bad word

I reckon its going to get like the comic industry did, and then they will be forced to cut prices again.

Unfortunately its just a waiting game.