Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Force Unleashed novel is coming soon

I got a sales flyer from Borders today saying you can pick up TFU novel for 40 percent off. I don't think I'll rush out and get it, but I figured a few of you would.

Has anyone told Bubo?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Two words: lie berry

That's where I'm gonna try to read it, then wait for the paperback in another 8 months, as I usually do.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Has anyone told Bubo?
    I don't know, but he should here real soon.

coming soon? it's already available.

Read the GN from cover to cover as soon as I got it. Story is tight. Can't wait for others also to read it so we can discuss.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

I was thinking about getting the trade paperback; guess I'll have to settle for the graphic novel. Wonderful, %-off coupons are.

I got the comic trade paperback (the collected comic books in a bound volume) and started reading it immediately. So far it's really good. I take these slowly sometimes, and try to absorb the material and think about the story. It helps you enjoy something rather than rush through it. It's against my habitual nature, so it's something I'm working on. So far, so good.

I gathered that Mariss Brood was Shaak-Ti's padawan and Juno Eclipse probably goes Rebel and becomes an ally of Bail Organa's.

Vader's Apprentice is code-named Starkiller. (c'mon - that's not really a spoiler as to his REAL identity - which I do not know is for certain yet).

Anyway, a graphic novel is like the Dark Forces books - mostly text, with illustrations. Just the technical language of the trade that I learned (hopefully correctly).

[UPDATE] OK - who else has a problem with Starkiller, a HUMAN, being thrown out a star destroyer's window into the emptiness of space, and then LIVING after a probot rescued him? YOU CAN'T BE EXPOSED TO THE VACUUM OF SPACE WITHOUT A SPACESUIT! Are the author and artist retarded?

I also got the graphic novel, and I sure hope the novel's better than it. That was the worst graphic novel/trade paperback that I have ever read, I'm sorry. I'm sure the game is great to see and play, but that comic was flat, uninteresting, disjointed, and stale. Ugh. If I can, I'll check out the novel from the library, as I always try (and lately, often fail to do), but if I can't, I won't cry about it. :waitforthepaperbackversion:

i read the novel bcj and there isn't any reason not to wait for paperback (unless you can find it at the library. the novel is fairly disjointed in the beginning. it isn't until the very end that it seems to find its pace and the storytelling settles into something resembling a plotline. sounds like it'll make an interesting game, for those of you that do that kinda thing.