Obi-Wan Articulation Fix

After watching "Clone Wars" I knew I couldn't rest until my Obi-Wan's leg articulation was fixed. So I went to Wal-Mart, picked up a basic Clone, and boiled and popped my way to a super-articulated Obi-Wan!

I also switched the hands, giving Kenobi the hinged wrists that are just too cool to pass up.

If you attempt this, you'll need to snip a bit off the stem of the hand; the pegs of the Clone's are a bit longer than Kenobi's. Also, you'll have to cut away a bit at the peg that goes into the hip. Compare Obi-Wan's leg to the Clone's once you pop it out and you'll see it's smaller. A little on each side should do the trick.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY0988.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	18039   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY0989.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	18040   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SANY0993.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	18041  

Dang, that looks slick! Hasbro should really have done that instead of the statue-legs they gave him, and I didn't realize the wrists were largely interchangeable.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Excellent job!

Now se, Hasbro could and SHOULD have done this form the beginning. Of course they were probably thinking of doing this all along, just reissuing it though with the added articulation. Just enough to make people buy again (and be POed in the process). I'm SO glad I haven't bought any of the single carded animated figs.
    Move along, move along

[FONT=Courier New]That's awesome![/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]That's how I made my realistic styled Obi Wan with partial clone army. I topped it all off with a breast plate from the Clone Trainee and then trimmed and glued the front part of the clone's utility belt over Obi Wans.[/FONT]

Now that you mention it as Hasbro using it as a ploy to make you buy another down the line its true.

Like I'll give another example. On the new 2 piece mask Vader he can only hold his lightsaber in his left hand. And everyone knows its always the right. So they'll re release the 2 piece mask Vader able to hold the saber in his right hand, and give people a reason to buy another one.

Besides the lightsaber holding situation I've heard a lot of people say this is the final Vader they plan on buying supposedly because it's so perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by PAA_707 View Post
    Like I'll give another example. On the new 2 piece mask Vader he can only hold his lightsaber in his left hand. And everyone knows its always the right. So they'll re release the 2 piece mask Vader able to hold the saber in his right hand, and give people a reason to buy another one.

Besides the lightsaber holding situation I've heard a lot of people say this is the final Vader they plan on buying supposedly because it's so perfect.
    To fix that, I bought the single-card Vader with the Obi-Wan cloak base and swapped lower arms with the two-piece helmet one. Looks fine, works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhiaxus View Post
    To fix that, I bought the single-card Vader with the Obi-Wan cloak base and swapped lower arms with the two-piece helmet one. Looks fine, works great.
    It should be noted, though, that the TAC Vader has the ANH gloves, which are not the same as his ESB/ROTJ ones, so it's not ideal.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

When you say basic clone, did you mean the Saga Legends one or the CW one? I might buy one of each and try this
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    When you say basic clone, did you mean the Saga Legends one or the CW one? I might buy one of each and try this
    The Clone Wars Trooper, the one with the big shoulder cannon.