Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Senate Guards in the movie

So there is this cool thing on StarWars.com about the film, basically pointing out some "easter eggs" in the film. Some of them are pretty silly, but a couple of them are interesting, like mentioning R2-KT in the film and confirming that the Yularen character in CW is the same guy from ANH. The link is here:

http://www.starwars.com/kids/read/cw...r20080822.html

But the coolest one is the first one - the new senate guards, which are hard to see in the film but will be featured more in the TV series. Just in case you have link trouble, I attached the pic.

Now that is a figure I want!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	senate_command02.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	18056  
    Please, please please let CV be on the east coast!

Kinda cool, but when did Senate Guards start using giant guns instead of force pikes?
    May the force be with you.

Episode one. The Phantom Menace to be precise SK99.

only the red guard carry force pikes.

Yeah, the Senate Guards always had rifles.

It was Palpatine's Special Guards that adopted the Force Pikes.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I am liking them, alot. Hope these get made in the animated style, as for them not carrying guns we dont know what they can carry we aint seen the series yet, however if you think about what they were armed with in the AOTC and ROTS then it pretty much tells you its not unheard of them carrying rifles - we already have figures out there with the rifles, this is just a Clone Trooper rifle so no biggie.

Episode one. The Phantom Menace to be precise SK99.

only the red guard carry force pikes.
    Oh yeah, they had those long "sniper rifle" type guns, they carried them on a sling.

I guess it's been too long, I haven't watched TPM in years.
    May the force be with you.

I wonder why they're guarding Palpatine's office now when the red guards were there in AOTC?

Also, did you see the 2-1B in the bow tie? Pimp!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I wonder why they're guarding Palpatine's office now when the red guards were there in AOTC?

Also, did you see the 2-1B in the bow tie? Pimp!
    They need to make him as a figure. Stat!
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'm not super thrilled about those Senate Guards, but if you go to page 7, in the description of the Gunship Art, they show a pretty good pic of the Scout Clones. I definitely want figures of those guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scoutclones.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	18057  
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

blaster pikes is what they sometimes carry. which i guess would be a long thin staff like weapon with a hidden blaster in it.

I always thought palpatine would have a saber concealed in his walking cane handle. don't see why the guards can't have concealed weapons too.

that said i don't like the look of these new guards. they seem a bit feminine to me. like the big guns are compensating for something......