Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Rumor List posted at Rebelscum.com

found this rumor list posted on Rebelscum.com about a possible upcoming AOTC wave, as well as battlepacks and evolutions.

Basic Figures
    According to our rebel spies, these figures will make up an AOTC wave in 2009

Anakin Skywalker #1

Anakin Skywalker #2

Beru Lars

Captain Typho

Clone Trooper

Jango Fett

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Own Lars

Tarados Gon

Battle Packs
    Only names so far, and these may end up changing...or possibly be in The Clone Wars lineup. Time will tell...

Geonosis Assault

Outer Rim Ambush

Search for R2-D2

Evolutions
    More SA army builder sets? Yes please!

Imperial Pilots Legacy #2

Rebel Pilots Legacy #3

Evolution of the Commandos
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    found this rumor list posted on Rebelscum.com about a possible upcoming AOTC wave, as well as battlepacks and evolutions.

Basic Figures
    According to our rebel spies, these figures will make up an AOTC wave in 2009

Anakin Skywalker #1

Anakin Skywalker #2

Beru Lars

Captain Typho

Clone Trooper

Jango Fett

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Own Lars

Tarados Gon

Battle Packs
    Only names so far, and these may end up changing...or possibly be in The Clone Wars lineup. Time will tell...

Geonosis Assault

Outer Rim Ambush

Search for R2-D2

Evolutions
    More SA army builder sets? Yes please!

Imperial Pilots Legacy #2

Rebel Pilots Legacy #3

Evolution of the Commandos
    Sweeeeeetttttttt!!!!!! More frreakin re-packs!!!!!!

Two Anakins in one wave? No way.

Obi-Wan has been confirmed for a while now.

Owen and Beru would be too good to be true . . . but why no Cliegg?!?

I wonder if Jango will be a more accurate version of his purple self?

Tarados Gon would be cool if true. As with the whole list, we'll wait and see.

Theres 2 figures from that AOTC wave I will get and then I am getting them for custom fodder. Tarados Gon and Captain Typho as long as they are good sculpts and are SA.

Even I don't know who Tarados Gon is.

Owen is the only one worth getting excited over. But this is still rumor at this point.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Even I don't know who Tarados Gon is.

Owen is the only one worth getting excited over. But this is still rumor at this point.
    Tarados Gon is the Klatooinian Jedi who survived on Geonosis at least until the clones arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Owen and Beru would be too good to be true . . . but why no Cliegg?!?
    My thoughts exactly!

Unless after next year Hasbro is planning on re-releasing the piece O' carp Disturbance at Lars Homestead with a re-released AOTC Owen & Beru and exclussive Cliegg!!! Now, that would just be too much.
    Ex-wife to me in the toy aisle: "Why do I sense we've picked up another plastic lifeform?"

Thanks to sebillba for the trade!

However I wouldnt put it past them, and then they can say they catered for both PT and OT (which is a lie because they would have to make new figures of the PT versions, where they just repacked crap figures in the OT one). Oh and they will most probably reduce the price as well, the OT collector usually gets shafted the most.

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonster View Post
    the OT collector usually gets shafted the most.
    That seems a bit harsh. Why would you say that? Look at how much OT stuff we've gotten in the past, even in movie years when it would've been justified to not get any at all. I think Hasbro is giving us a good mix of everything, and if you don't like the price - don't buy it. But even though many of us complain about prices, many of us will fold and end up buying it anyway.

I'm not too excited by much in this wave anyway:

Anakin # 1 - Probably a repack/retool of the EVO figure with a new accessory, and maybe w/ the new style hip joints. Yawn.

Anakin # 2 - Probably a resculpt of the Outland Peasant outfit. The first one was good enough. Yawn again.

Beru Lars - I know she's badly wanted by alot of collectors, but she doesn't excite me. Would rather a new OT version. Yawn.

Owen Lars - See above.

Captain Typho - Was a resculpt really needed of this guy? Not in my mind. This one's a maybe.

Clone Trooper - Very vague, could be anything. Pass.

Jango Fett - I'm happy with the EVO version so will probably pass on this.

Obi-Wan - I have enough PT Obi-Wans. Pass

Tarados Gon - Probably the only figure I will buy from this wave.
    Most wanted "bottom-of-the-barrel scrapes": ANH: Kal'Falnl C'ndros, Revwien (concept art), Tzizvvt ESB: Wiorkettle, Treva Horme ROTJ: Cane Adiss, Loje Nella TPM: Edcel Bar Gane AOTC: Rogwa Wodrata ROTS: Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii EU: Guri (red outfit), Ket Maliss

Why do I say the OT has been shafted this year, does it need spelling out Cane.

Errr they actually did do this with ROTS figures, I can count on one hand how many figures were available for OT that year.

SAGA was heavily stacked against the OT Collector.

Even the OTC line was just major re-packs with a few new figures added in.

TAC and TSC lines where good for the OT collector, but even then, not as good as it could have been.

And then we get to this year, can you count how many waves of OT figures there is on one hand, dont include ANH as this is more than likely going to be next year, compared to PT waves (and yes I am including the Basic Clone Wars wave in this).

Now I do collect the PT figures, well the Animated New Style Clone Wars ones in anycase.

The other PT figures I get if I think I can use them eventually when I move, for custom work.