Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Val Da Car View Post
    (Hands Up)

I am in for a couple...if you end up with a few spares!!!

I will have to make a mold for casting mine, so a few more sets won't break the bank.
    To fully explain, my new doors will not EXACTLY replicate the ones from Clone Wars, but WILL fit into place with the standard Gunship.
    There is a small tab removed from the "canon" movie-version rear-doors, which is then added to the new front doors.
    I will not be adding this. The reason for that is that if one of you guys wants a set, no mods will be required to fit the new doors.
    I am also thinking of offering a set of "front-hatch-blanks"(As there are no front hatches on the new Clone Wars Gunship, to give you the option of blanking the front doorway off).
    Of course, they WILL have to be painted...
    Bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bar View Post
    I will have to make a mold for casting mine, so a few more sets won't break the bank.
    To fully explain, my new doors will not EXACTLY replicate the ones from Clone Wars, but WILL fit into place with the standard Gunship.
    There is a small tab removed from the "canon" movie-version rear-doors, which is then added to the new front doors.
    I will not be adding this. The reason for that is that if one of you guys wants a set, no mods will be required to fit the new doors.
    I am also thinking of offering a set of "front-hatch-blanks"(As there are no front hatches on the new Clone Wars Gunship, to give you the option of blanking the front doorway off).
    Of course, they WILL have to be painted...
    Bar.
    Please keep me up to date on this project because I would love to get one set. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by TK1290 View Post
    Please keep me up to date on this project because I would love to get one set. Thanks!!
    No problemo.
    I will most certainly post any and all updates of this subject in this thread.
    It's not needing a lot of work done, but i am busy with my job right now, so it will have to wait a few weeks.
    Bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bar View Post
    No problemo.
    I will most certainly post any and all updates of this subject in this thread.
    It's not needing a lot of work done, but i am busy with my job right now, so it will have to wait a few weeks.
    Bar.
    Sounds good, Bar. Thanks!

Very cool! I think this is a worthy concept, Hasbro's simply not going to deliver this anytime soon, and they're simple designs to adapt this way.

If you take any in-production shots, LMK and I'll post 'em in news as a fan project.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Very cool! I think this is a worthy concept, Hasbro's simply not going to deliver this anytime soon, and they're simple designs to adapt this way.

If you take any in-production shots, LMK and I'll post 'em in news as a fan project.

Okay.
    Sorry for the delay in this reply. I'm just really busy with work right now.
    I got the Gunship from work on my way past today, and taped all the parts on for some pics.
    The fit of these parts is pretty lousy right now(And they don't properly adhere to the curves of the rear doors or the existing frames), so what i intend to do is secure them from the rear, tape off the frames and skin them with filler. When the filler is solid, i will sand it all back, and the fit will be perfect. Then it's just a matter of scribing the filler skin, and making molds.
    I am also going to make the blanks for the forward doors as mentioned above. I have one blank frame done. I will skin it the same as the other doors. They will also have the new "mounts" on the lower part(I represented them by just drawing it black). Although we haven't seen the new mounts used for anything in any episodes, it is my belief that in a later episode, they intend to re-attach the bubble turrets to the new Gunship mesh, and those little mounts would be perfect for fixed bubble turrets. I suppose it gives them the option of adding them later, even if they never use it.
    Anyway, here are some pics. If you want any more, or specific views, let me know.
    Bar.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...c/DSCF1719.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...c/DSCF1721.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...c/DSCF1722.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...c/DSCF1724.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...c/DSCF1725.jpg

[FONT=Courier New]Very very nice![/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It's a shame Hasbro can't/won't.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]Very very nice![/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]It's a shame Hasbro can't/won't.[/FONT]

Thank you, my friend!
    I know what you mean. But the engineering factors of adding new doors and making them pop open like the rears would be tough for Hasbro to do.
    And there are probably only a handful of people(Like you and i!), who actually care!
    Bar.

[FONT=Courier New]I wouldn't need them to pop open like the rear doors.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Seriously though... They're multimillion dollar toy company that make animatronic dinosaurs and ponies. Couldn't they scrape up a couple of interns to make add-on doors for this thing?[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    [FONT=Courier New]I wouldn't need them to pop open like the rear doors.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New]Seriously though... They're multimillion dollar toy company that make animatronic dinosaurs and ponies. Couldn't they scrape up a couple of interns to make add-on doors for this thing?[/FONT]
    I know what you're saying, but SERIOUSLY, it would mean at least $40-$70,000 worth of manufacturing tooling to make new molds.
    Injection molding is an expensive business.
    If it were ME doing this, i'd make a new master for the Gunship hull, with no front doors, and that would give room for a new set of arms so the front doors could also pop open.
    If only i could get a job at Hasbro...
    Bar.