Hybrid View

Possible re-tooling of the Republic Gunship?

Hi guys.
    I was doing some searching for reference pics of the Clone Wars gunship for a set of upgrade parts i am making for mine(Front doorway hatch, new front turrets which ACTUALLY move correctly, new more accurate missile launchers on top, thinner wings and the new "forward hatches" which seal off the rear compartment), and i found the image from the box art of the new release of the Gunship...
    According to the image on the boxart, they have all those mods on the box...
    Now, i KNOW they probably just got a CW render for the box, and i KNOW it's VERY UNLIKELY they will re-tool the Gunship...
    I KNOW this...
    But...
    Is it likely?
    Is it possible they have re-worked the master?
    Has anyone seen this item out of the box in any preview sites?
    Thanks for any info guys.
    Bar.

Excellent!
    Thanks for that info.
    I am glad my work will not be in vain!!!
    Bar.

Isn't MSRP $50? The last gunships were $30. A new paint job isn't worth $20.

I suppose, but the Gunship has always been a "buy it while you can" type of deal...(And they can go for huuuge amounts on Ebay if the timing is right).
    I am working on a set of upgrade parts right now(Ostensibly for ME), which will add the new forward bay doors, add the blast shields on both doors, block off the front hatch(And add the new mount for the bubble turrets).
    I will see how the work goes and post pics here when i am done.

[FONT=Courier New]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bar View Post
    I suppose, but the Gunship has always been a "buy it while you can" type of deal...(And they can go for huuuge amounts on Ebay if the timing is right).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I am working on a set of upgrade parts right now(Ostensibly for ME), which will add the new forward bay doors, add the blast shields on both doors, block off the front hatch(And add the new mount for the bubble turrets).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I will see how the work goes and post pics here when i am done.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]
    Please do. I'm always impressed with what you do and I am always interested in anything related to the Republic Gunships. I have 5 (1 CW, 2 AotC, and 2 RotS).[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]