Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Darth Vader

Darth Vader

If they get Darth Vader in Episode III do you think they'll get Dave Prowse in the costume or do you think they'll dress up Hayden?
    Also, do you think James Earl Jones will do the voice?

I'd LOVE for Vader to be in Ep3 but my only hope is that they don't give away that it's Anakin because it will totaly spoil the suprise in Episode V.

PENDO!

This is a Spoiler Free section, so I'll say I think James Earl Jones comes in and does voice over for the last twenty minutes or so of the movie.

It depends on if they have the complete DV costume or a kind of interim costume where you can tell it's Hayden. Otherwise they'll just get some tall, beefy guy to put the costume on. A stunt man or something.

I don't see how you can get away with NOT showing Anakin's transformation into Vader.

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    This is a Spoiler Free section, so I'll say I think James Earl Jones comes in and does voice over for the last twenty minutes or so of the movie.
    Thanx for that! It wasn't obvious, honest!!!!

PENDO!

That was just a rumor I heard after Episode 1 came out. honestly, any decision to JEJ-ify Vader won't be made until around 2005. You could just as easily say James Earl Jones won't be in E III.

Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
    That was just a rumor I heard after Episode 1 came out. honestly, any decision to JEJ-ify Vader won't be made until around 2005. You could just as easily say James Earl Jones won't be in E III.
    It would be cool if he is in it though, i hope the rumor is true!!!

PENDO!

I have decided that...

I totally can't post in this section. I'm like a walking spoiler nightmare! I probably would say something I didn't think was a spoiler and it would turn out to be one. Oh, well. I THINK Rollo is maybe kinda correct, but maybe not.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    I would like to see Darth Vader in Episode III, and would imagine that we will, but maybe not see the transformation from Anakin to Vader. I suspect that if we do see him, it will be after he is fitted with his black costume and helmet. We probably won't see his face...just the back of his head (like we saw in Episode V) then once he is fitted with his helmet he'll turn around and we will get our first look at Darth Vader. I would suspect that GL will want to let fans wait until Episode VI before they ever see Darth Vader's face...that's the whole build-up of ROTJ.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

I agree - It'll probably be a brief appearance at the end, judging what JEJ has said in interviews. Which is fine - I just want to see him! There may be an interim "Vader" - after Anakin turns, but before he confronts Obi-Wan. I think it's Hayden we'll see "hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights," not the man in the mask.

As for a Dave Prowse appearance, he's not been in good health lately. If he doesn't have to do much, then maybe. But if we do see him in full action, I'd almost have to think it would be another actor.
    "Three goofballs and a guy in a monkey suit."

I don't know if we will see him or not, but you have to remember that Luke is the only one who doesn't know Vader is his father. Obi-Wan and Yoda know for sure, and I bet everyone else does too. So it's clear that Vader's idendity in the prequils is no secret to the Jedi.

Just imagin the amount of New Darth Vader stuff GL could sell if they made Vader, just a little different than we see him in the OT. It's a cash cow, so there is a good reason to have him in the movie and make him ever so different than we are used to.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Sort of like the Clonetroopers are slightly different from Stormtroopers? Verrry interesting theory...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."