Hybrid View

Smile Today's Finds (Lars Homestead + Comic Packs)

I had to run to some of the stores to return figures and had to pop into Toys R Us. I started browsing through the figures on the pegs and didn't even notice it at first. Then I looked over and there it was: the Disturbance at the Lars Homestead. It was the only one sitting on the shelf (actually, it was sitting on top of one of the Arena Beast things that won't sell; it didn't even have its own spot), so of course I had to buy it. It is big and beautiful. I am so going to have to pull out my T-16 and bull's-eye the womp rat at least once.

The next destination was Wal-Mart. There I found the only first day foil I was missing (EVO trooper) even though the cardboard is a little wavy. I also noticed they had some of the new Star Wars cases still sealed and all piled up Jenga-style in the middle of the aisle. I not-so-subtly went over and found the one I was interested in: the EU Comic 2-packs. They had an Evolutions box too, but I already had all of those. So I cut the comic pack box open and was able to get the rest of the comic packs from the Cade Skywalker/Darth Talon/Dengar/etc. wave.

All in all a pretty good day. I'm liking the Lars Homestead. Inside is a table and it has a "removable roof" for easy access. The moisture vaporator is a nice touch. The paint on Uncle Owen's face is a little odd. It looks like he has brown streaks down the side of his mouth and huge gray bags under his eyes. And of course, Owen and Beru have very little articulation (not that they really did much anyway). I like how they sculpted Owen's one hand into a pointing finger, like he's chastising the sandtrooper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails disturbance.jpg   comicpacks.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by FundingMyAddiction
    And of course, Owen and Beru have very little articulation (not that they really did much anyway). I like how they sculpted Owen's one hand into a pointing finger, like he's chastising the sandtrooper.
    Those figures are over 10 years old, so that shouldn't really be a surprise. Nice find, though!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

hmmm.. Toys R Us exclusive...

If it shows up in Canada - I may pick it up. We'll see.
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by FundingMyAddiction View Post
    I had to run to some of the stores to return figures and had to pop into Toys R Us. I started browsing through the figures on the pegs and didn't even notice it at first. Then I looked over and there it was: the Disturbance at the Lars Homestead. It was the only one sitting on the shelf (actually, it was sitting on top of one of the Arena Beast things that won't sell; it didn't even have its own spot), so of course I had to buy it. It is big and beautiful. I am so going to have to pull out my T-16 and bull's-eye the womp rat at least once.

The next destination was Wal-Mart. There I found the only first day foil I was missing (EVO trooper) even though the cardboard is a little wavy. I also noticed they had some of the new Star Wars cases still sealed and all piled up Jenga-style in the middle of the aisle. I not-so-subtly went over and found the one I was interested in: the EU Comic 2-packs. They had an Evolutions box too, but I already had all of those. So I cut the comic pack box open and was able to get the rest of the comic packs from the Cade Skywalker/Darth Talon/Dengar/etc. wave.

All in all a pretty good day. I'm liking the Lars Homestead. Inside is a table and it has a "removable roof" for easy access. The moisture vaporator is a nice touch. The paint on Uncle Owen's face is a little odd. It looks like he has brown streaks down the side of his mouth and huge gray bags under his eyes. And of course, Owen and Beru have very little articulation (not that they really did much anyway). I like how they sculpted Owen's one hand into a pointing finger, like he's chastising the sandtrooper.

talk about some great finds. Jersey is dry around here. i finally found the first 2 comic packs yesterday (Assaj / Tol & Anakin / Durge)
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

The TRU Lars pack is 50 bucks
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Droid View Post
    How much did the Homestead set cost?
    $49.99. I'm not sure if it's really worth it. I guess mainly for the homestead, not the figures.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    talk about some great finds. Jersey is dry around here. i finally found the first 2 comic packs yesterday (Assaj / Tol & Anakin / Durge)
    The Ventress/Skorr and Durge/Anakin packs have been warming the pegs here for weeks now. It boggles me because I can go on eBay and people are buying the loose Tol figure for $12+ dollars. I've seen that comic pack at every single store I've been to in this city. And not just one - the pegs are usually filled.

It doesn't make sense that distribution wouldn't be the same across the country. I talked to the people at Toys R Us and the guy at KB Toys and they haven't received any of the new waves. Yet the Targets I've been to have Wave 3 of the Legacy Collection and Wave 2 of the Saga Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by FundingMyAddiction View Post
    It doesn't make sense that distribution wouldn't be the same across the country. I talked to the people at Toys R Us and the guy at KB Toys and they haven't received any of the new waves. Yet the Targets I've been to have Wave 3 of the Legacy Collection and Wave 2 of the Saga Legends.
    I've only seen the new Comic Packs once I think at Target. The only new Evolutions I've seen is Padmé. Haven't seen any of the pilot sets. The pegs are pretty full at Wal-Mart, but mostly with Clone Wars and Legends. Not much Wave 2 Legacy, only the first eight figures. No TRU here, so I'll have to order the exclusives online. I have seen quite a few of the Hoth Patrol battle packs.