Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Angry College Football thread for 2008 (game face at left)

Didn't have one prior to opening weekend? For shame.

I don't know how it was possible, but all three of the teams I support somehow lost this week:
    - Youngstown State, losing 43-0 to OSU. Sure, they get a nice paycheck, but to get shut out? Last year, they got a field goal.
    - Ohio State, whoops the above-mentioned team, but their Heisman hopeful RB gets hurt (hopefully just a little thing). :fingerscrossed:
    - Pitt, lost to a green bowling team at home. Not a good start, fellas.

Onward to the BCS Bowl!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Hawaii got waxed by Florida pretty well....Syracuse lost....no shock there. Bring on the Fighting Irish woooooo hopefully more than 3 wins this year.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Well Michigan started the Ri-Ro era with a 2pt loss to Utah. The good news is they scored 2 unanswered TDs in the 4th quarter to make it a game. Notre Dame in 2 weeks is going to be very telling - both of these teams are expected to be good every years by their fans but are facing a ton of challenges.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Virginia Tech basically threw in the towel this season when they decided to red shirt Tyrod Taylor. Oh well... give me something to look forward to next year.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

The Bo era has begun. I'm happy with the way Nebraska started out. Looks like the defense is improved. Although from last year that wasn't hard to do. It was just nice to see Nebraska getting sacks, fumbles, and interceptions. Last year getting one in a game was a rarity. I think they could surprise a few people this year.

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    Virginia Tech basically threw in the towel this season when they decided to red shirt Tyrod Taylor. Oh well... give me something to look forward to next year.
    Let's just hope they keep him redshirted. All the freshmen on the team need some time to develop and I think that will happen better under Glennon. I can take a bad season every few years if it sets us up for a better one later on.

Still, losing to ECU is just painful, especially losing on special teams.

I'm looking forward to see what Nebraska can do this year. I think Bo can get things straightened out although its going to take a little time. If we go 7-5 this year, it will be a success in my book. But even if they don't, just so they keep fighting and not give up. Last year when they got behind, they just quit and it was a real embarassment to the whole state.

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    Let's just hope they keep him redshirted. All the freshmen on the team need some time to develop and I think that will happen better under Glennon. I can take a bad season every few years if it sets us up for a better one later on.

Still, losing to ECU is just painful, especially losing on special teams.
    Yeah, I was all for keeping T. Taylor redshirted after the loss to ECU. But of course Beamer said yesterday that he was going to pull the redshirt off him. I swear. I love Beamer, but his coaching ability is not what it used to be.

Anyways, this ought to be interesting to see how the Hokies finish out the season with noodlearm and Taylor in the 2 QB system again. Even though I shake my head at bringing Taylor back, my interest in Va Tech football this season has peaked.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

So, I guess the Buckeyes are just playin' possum, pretending to be inert on offense and sluggish on defense, to lull the Trojans into an overconfident stupor, right? Right? Please be the case. Coming out here next week to play a team that showed the country it's pretty darn good last week, with a RB who (hopefully) will be healthy enough for 20+ carries against a fast, bruising D, will do a lot to show OSU's character.

And 0-2 YSU is averaging 3.5 points per game this year? Ouch.

Yay. Pitt beat Buffalo (which I think beat them last year).

It's early.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Nebraska wasn 't terribly impressive. They did beat SJSU 35-12, but had some breakdowns on defense. They need to improve if we are going to win games down the road.