Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Going Back To School

Well. I finished my last day of work last Thur. I'm still getting paid until the end of Sept. so I don't have to worry about that.

In a surprise move by our Gov. 3 million has been set aside for displaced RV workers to get grants to go to school, and I think I'm going to jump on that. They'll pay for my school, and unemplyment will pay my living expenses while I'm attending school.

Not sure what kinds of classes I'm going to take yet, but it's not often you get offered money to go back to school.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Let me state the obvious: You'd be foolish not to take advantage of an offer like that!

Without the worry of supporting yourself, I think you'd have a plenty of time to concentrate and look over the offerings of whatever school you attend. Check with career counselors at the school for guidance.

Man, do I wish I had that opportunity when I was laid off (many moons ago)! I was digging ditches, literally, to make ends meet before something better came along!

Good luck, Kal!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

That's good news J-K-E!

May I suggest engineering courses...

Actually, find something you really love to learn about. I know too many people that start school studying something that only kind of liked and don't finish or hate their career after. I'm lucky, I loved engineering and I get to work with some pretty cool things.

Good luck!

After a three year hiatus, I'm also heading back to school, but it won't be until January.
    By the time I decided to go back it was far too late to register for Fall classes.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Sweet, maybe they'll teach you how to mail out packages.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Maybe John. And maybe when you get to college they'll teach you that life happens.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

I'm just bustin' your balls, man.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I know, me too bud. I've just never had that much crazy insane crap happen to me all at once dude.

A few places around here have mentioned that the kids'll be going back to school this week... which is interesting since last week was back to school. I really miss the tradition of school-starts-after-Labor-Day, and I'll really REALLY miss it next year, as our district (and others) "wisely" are starting TWO WEEKS BEFORE THIS YEAR, so those cool, pleasant mid-August days will have students eager to learn and sit inside always A/C-cooled classrooms! :tongueincheek:

But this week had been good.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

One of the things I learned in school, work, and life in general is to make good on our responsibilities to others.

I also learned that if I have time to spend posting frivalously on the interwebs, then I definitely have time to get to a post office to follow up on such responsibilities.

Maybe I have a higher standard, though...maybe it's just me.