Angry I have to buy a new battery for my laptop

The only battery I found listed at Dell.com that will work with my Inspiron 9100 costs $194 and lasts almost less than 2 hours!

Other laptops now seem to be able to run batteries that might last 6 hours, depending upon the operation they're required to do in use (playing DVDs costs more energy than just typing documents in MS Word).

But the battery reviews of my recommended model are NOT good. Short life and overpriced for the lack of value.

Anyone else have any recommendations? (I usually DO use my laptop plugged into AC power, but the power bar is large and annoying to lug around.

[FONT=Courier New]Try looking at the portable battery packs in the portable DVD player section at CC or BB to augment the new battery you have to buy. I bought an Energizer brand and it comes with a variety of adaptor tips for the cable. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I'm not sure if the voltage requirements will match, but it might be worth looking into. I think mine has 3-6 hours worth of juice to it. Invaluable when the low battery icon comes up halway through a DVD you're watching on an airplane.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Just a thought. It might at the very least allow you to save your work before all of the power runs out.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]Also, have you tried Batteries Plus? http://www.batteriesplus.com/store_l.../state/CA.aspx[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

Don't waste your money on ANYTHING for that geezer of a laptop you have. Just go out and buy a new laptop, mine was $450 new from Best Buy, plus no giant power supply to lug around. Or dig up a better performing laptop for more $$$, mine only gets 2-3 hours per charge (more if you are watching a DVD though, as the OS doesn't run), but like you said, there are longer-lasting ones in the world, smaller too.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.