Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Sons of Anarchy!

Dude this show is great!

It's a new FX (cable, satelite, Direct TV) show about a motorcycle gang based kind of on the Hell's Angels. 10pm PST, but if you have satelite or Direct, check to see if it's not on right now! They play shows on EST.

So, in another life, there is some appeal to me being a biker gang member and doing murders for my gang, blowing up stuff, selling guns, etc. - but I probably wouldn't. The lack of women in men's prison doesn't appeal to me.

For fans of The Shield, I think some of the staff have gone over, and Jay Karnes (Dutch) will be playing an ATF agent next week. The One-Niners (black) gang from The Shield is also featured. I don't know if Dutch will play the same character - if it takes place in the same "universe" as The Shield. He gave a different name in next week's "Son's" preview, but he might be undercover. He seems to be more bad-arse and less nerd in Sons.

Ron Pearlman plays the biker gang leader in Sons - but you'd be surprised who's really calling the shots behind the gang! (We'll discuss it after everyone's seen the show).

All I know is that it has Lloyd from Undeclared and they played that "you look anywhere you want, chief" commercial way too many times.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

First off, I can't believe Tycho called me and left a voice mail trying to convince me to watch this.

My guess is Katey Sagal's character is really pulling the strings, she mentioned at Comic Con's Futurama panel that this was her new series, and the ads make it seem like she's a victim biker mom so that's usually the big twist.

Anyway, I have no interest in watching this, as a kid I knew a lot of bikers including several Hell's Angels, it's not as interesting a lifestyle as you'd think, and something happening every week is a laffer, much less correctly-executed gangland jobs.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    My guess is Katey Sagal's character is really pulling the strings, she mentioned at Comic Con's Futurama panel that this was her new series, and the ads make it seem like she's a victim biker mom so that's usually the big twist.
    Boy, you nailed that one. It came as a big surprise to me. So I guess I was entertained by that - as one might be if they weren't expecting it.

Anyway, I have no interest in watching this, as a kid I knew a lot of bikers including several Hell's Angels, it's not as interesting a lifestyle as you'd think, and something happening every week is a laffer, much less correctly-executed gangland jobs.
    That's one interesting thing - their gangland jobs were not correctly executed, and from the series pilot, they've started a gangland war with their botched jobs. Thus I will give it a chance to get really interesting.

So JT, share with us what you learned about the Hell's Angels. I'm curious. (This comment was made sincerely and was not sarcastic at all - seriously).

Finally got around to watching it this morning. I enjoyed it. Good character development/introduction.

I can see already that Jax is conflicted on following his father's original vision and what the club as evolved into.

And it's great to see Ron Perlman in anything!

Another great show tonight. The characters are really compelling.

I loved the stunt with the dead bodies.

It was a good one.

I feel for the probey gang member who gets all the crap details, like digging up bodies.

Are you getting the feeling that Katey Segal has as much as a say in the club as Ron Perlman does? Almost like a silent co-leader?

No. She actually runs the gang if you ask me.

I bet Clay (Ron Pearlman's character) is so whipped on her, that he follows her every suggestion.

Furthermore, I bet it comes out that she had Clay MURDER her first husband (Jax's father) so that the gang would step it up a bit and go into criminal enterprises.

Jax's father probably started down that path and then saw where it was leading him, and tried to get back control over it all - and the mom was fooling around with Clay behind his back - and then had Clay finally take him out of the picture.

OK - so what if the show is predictable in that way? I'd watch how it all plays out. But that's the first and most obvious plot direction I'd run with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    No. She actually runs the gang if you ask me.

I bet Clay (Ron Pearlman's character) is so whipped on her, that he follows her every suggestion.

Furthermore, I bet it comes out that she had Clay MURDER her first husband (Jax's father) so that the gang would step it up a bit and go into criminal enterprises.

Jax's father probably started down that path and then saw where it was leading him, and tried to get back control over it all - and the mom was fooling around with Clay behind his back - and then had Clay finally take him out of the picture.

OK - so what if the show is predictable in that way? I'd watch how it all plays out. But that's the first and most obvious plot direction I'd run with it.

I could see that happening. Gem liking the power and wanting to stay in power, but dad is in the way. Dad definitely had different plans for the club.

I don't think the show is that predictable. It's an FX show, so some twists and turns will be tossed our way shortly.

Dutch from the Shield shows up in Charming! I thought Jay Karnes had dyed his hair on the Shield.