Make an Electronic TIE Fighter already!

When will Hasbro make a TIE with the fly-by sound and rattlesnake laser cannon noise?

Use the vintage mold with the battery compartment if you have to, Hasbro.

That sound is such an icon of classic Star Wars, it's been long, long overdue for representation in the toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    When will Hasbro make a TIE with the fly-by sound and rattlesnake laser cannon noise?

Use the vintage mold with the battery compartment if you have to, Hasbro.

That sound is such an icon of classic Star Wars, it's been long, long overdue for representation in the toys.
    I think technology has advanced enough that they can get those two sounds out of a couple of watch batteries. Or I think there is enough space under the seat of the current TIE Fighter mold to be able to slide a couple of AAA batteries in there.

Anyways, I've been wanting an electronic TIE Fighter with that distinctive "WAAAH" flyby sound since 1995. I was actually deeply disappointed that they didn't include it in the POTF2 rerelease. Yet they gave extra electronic features to the X-Wing and Millennium Falcon. Why no love for the TIE Fighter? That's one of the most memorable sounds from any of the Star Wars films. Memorable enough that when the 1980s GI Joe cartoon tried to steal it for some of their Cobra vehicles, everyone always recognized it as a "Star Wars sound effect."

I have hopes this will be done next year. Didn't the TIE reappear on a recent rumor list? With all the variations we've gotten - all of which I've missed or opted not to get - surely the only new variation (<-this word was spoken on TV at exactly the moment I was typing it - hate when that happens!!) they can do is a TIE with electronics??

Tycho, bigbarada... i totally agree with you. i have wanted one since the early Kenner days of the TIE Fighter. the engine fly-by is perhaps my favorite sound from the trilogy second only the sounds of a powering up lightsaber.

c'mon Hasbro we need an electronic TIE Fighter - use the new large wing version and include both the flyby and laser cannon sounds.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Ben Burt ONLY got an Academy Award for his sound effects.

They did a Ralph McQuarrie line, and just about every one of Ben Burt's best effects have been included in the toys:

R2D2
    Chewie
    the various sounds of the Millennium Falcon
    x-wing fighter
    N-1 fighter
    snowspeeder
    AT-AT
    AT-TE
    Darth Vader (with appropriate acknowledgement to James Earl Jones)

I mean it goes on, but the TIE Fighter is a staple of Star Wars and central to Ben Burt's work!!!

I agree. An electronic version of this is a must.