Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jabba's Dungeon, worth the effort?

I'm at a point now that my vintage collection is about 95% complete. Two of the final few items I need are the different versions of the jabba's Dungeon Playsets available.
    The thing is that they look like they suck, as far as playsets go. I already have a Droid Factory Playset, it looks like the exact same mould and crane, just different colours and a different hook attached.

Can anyone that owns either of these playsets please tell me that they are worth it. Their prices online are usually around $100, and that's loose and without the figures. I'll probably buy them just to complete my collection though.
    Any thoughts?
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]

I actually had this as a kid, and it was SOOOOO not worth it. It's a friggin' wedge with a boring crane hook, doesn't look a thing like the dungeon, and it's small. IMO, it shouldn't be valued more than $5, it was truly a nothing entry. Loose is especially bad because if you have the Droid Factory, you already HAVE this piece just in a better color scheme.

http://theswca.com/images-toys/figur...geon-rotj.html
    http://theswca.com/images-toys/figur...geon-potf.html

both inferior to:
    http://theswca.com/images-toys/figur...idfactory.html
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't think I paid any where close to 100 bucks for both, combined. They are pretty much the lamest playsets after the Cantina Adventure. I guess you pose the figures in the thing for some type of diorama. Beyond that they just take up space.

So if you feel your collection will be incomplete without them, buy 'em. But don't be paying $100 for them. Other wise be happy with what you've got.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I got mine just because I want to complete my vintage collection. I paid $25 for the ROTJ one complete with figures, and $30 for the POTF one without figures and missing the branding iron.
    I am Toyhunter80's
    Check my vintage weapons trade list. Updated post 19: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...078#post519078
    I collect and play Star Wars Miniatures too. If you have some to trade check out my trade page
    http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=654716

If you're that close to 100% complete (and really, with all the "variants" that seem to come out every year, can ANYONE actually have a 100% collection anyway?), I'd say go for it, but take your time. It took me until this year to get all the non-POTF Mini Rigs (that's up to 20+ years since they originally were released). I take the tortoise approach... slow and steady, and if I get scared of the cost, put my head inside my shell and wait it out. :uhpleasedon'ttipmeover'causeIcan'tgetbackup:
    "That's what Sheev said."

I had no idea that there were 2 colors of this set

I have the dark gray one, and I didn't pay much more than $40 shipped, minus the figures

patience!

[FONT=Book Antiqua]You must train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose
    great traders: jedigeorge6; jedi master sal; ncbarret; darkjedi5; cookiemonster; phantom-like menace

[/FONT]

I bought the tan version with the POTF figures (Amanaman, Barada and EV-9D9) included for $150 about 5 years ago from a guy at my college. It was missing the long hook (which I bought later off of Ebay for $3) and Amanaman was missing his staff; but considering what the loose figures go for by themselves, I thought that was a pretty good deal.

It's essentially just a display base for your figures and not much of a playset at all.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

My mom bought me one on clearance somewhere. I think you can see by the price sticker, she got it for $2.99. I don't remember if the figures are with it or not, and it's down in one of my 30 totes in the basement, so I'm not going to look either.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jabba Dungeon.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	18187  
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett View Post
    My mom bought me one on clearance somewhere. I think you can see by the price sticker, she got it for $2.99. I don't remember if the figures are with it or not, and it's down in one of my 30 totes in the basement, so I'm not going to look either.
    If that's still sealed, then you've easily got a $300-400 item there.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Thanks for the input guys. It looks like I'll persevere and keep an eye out for some cheap-ish ones. I'm not interested in the figures, since I already have those. I guess I can always pull apart my build-a-droid figures and store those on the playsets to jazz them up. Thanks again for your comments.
    [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]